What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini 2 Production Delayed?

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
iPad_5_casing.JPG

AppleInsider reports today on a new story from DigiTimes about Apple’s iPad production plans for the rest of the year. According to DigiTimes’ sources in Apple’s Taiwanese supply chain, the fifth-gen full-sized iPad is on schedule for a third-quarter release, with production due to start in July/August. Initial shipments for the iPad are expected to reach 5 million by the end of September. This fifth version of the iPad is expected to have thinner bezels and to be even slimmer than ever before, basically making it more like a bigger version of the iPad mini! As far as Apple’s smaller iPad is concerned, DigiTimes says that production has now been pushed back to November of this year, for a possible release in Q4. There are several reasons put forward for the start of production being delayed, with AppleInsider saying that it could be due to Apple wanting to stagger the release of the two iPad variants, so that the iPad mini does not cannibalise sales of the full-sized iPad as it did last time. Or, it could simply be that the supply chain cannot cope with building two new iPads at the same time. Only time will tell![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] Rumor: Apple to start next-gen iPad production in July, iPad mini in November

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm afraid so! Although DigiTimes has been known to be wrong!

Oh that's a big bummer for me! I was hoping to get it before our September trip...guess that won't happen...but maybe they might be wrong!

Thanks, Maura for keeping us up to date! :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh that's a big bummer for me! I was hoping to get it before our September trip...guess that won't happen...but maybe they might be wrong!

Thanks, Maura for keeping us up to date! :)

Go on, grab a refurb current model, you know that you want to!!!

The Archangel

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just in time for Christmas though so you guys can ask Santa if you been good little boys and girls :D

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just in time for Christmas though so you guys can ask Santa if you been good little boys and girls :D

Being good is boring, lol. I'd rather be bad and buy what I want. I always give myself the perfect gifts, lol.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Being good is boring, lol. I'd rather be bad and buy what I want. I always give myself the perfect gifts, lol.

Agreed. I especially like being naughty and then NOT getting caught. That's the best part. If I didn't get caught then I never did it. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts