What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifth-Gen iPad to Launch in September? iPad Mini Possibly Delayed?

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
iPad_5_casing.JPG

According to a report on DigiTimes, via AppleInsider, Apple is looking to launch the fifth generation of the full-size iPad this September. The information comes from sources in Apple’s supply chain, apparently, which also revealed some details about the new tablet, stating that it will have a slimmer bezel, as has been widely reported in recent months. The same sources also say that the 9.7-inch iPad’s Retina display will be backlit by just one LED tube, in comparison to the two LED tubes that backlight the display of the fourth-gen iPad. The report notes that the iPad will also have a longer battery life. AppleInsider says that pilot production of the device is already underway, and has met expectations in terms of being able to satisfy demand, so it's expect that Apple will be informing its suppliers of its shipment estimates possibly as soon as the end of July.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Turning to the iPad mini, DigiTimes, via AppleInsider, says that it's launc could be delayed until the fourth quarter, depending on whether or not Apple decides to give the iPad mini a Retina display. If Apple does decide to go ahead with a Retina display for the smaller iPad, then don't expect to see the smaller tablet launched until Q4 of this year.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Apple rumored to launch fifth-gen iPad in Sept., new iPad mini to follow

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh..keep these news alerts coming Maura!! Its always exciting to see what they will launch next!! :)

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perfect timing with the new OIS 7. Time to upgrade my iPAD 1. I got it used last year as a jumping off into the Apple world. I now have the latest iMAC 21" and an iPod touch 5th gen. Loving it all. I have been having issue with the iPad when I am in the app store or bookshelf- the tablet keeps going back to the home screen as i am checking out an app or book or magazine. took me 5 tries to install a free magazine and the other I wanted said I needed OIS 6.. I am going to compare the iPAD 5 to current mini to figure which will fit my style. I have a nook color and seem to gravitate to the iPAD to read. being lighter and a tad smaller than my iPAD1, I will get the 9.7". 32 g- I have used 17.8 g of my iPAD 1

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not good Ski.....but it will come sometime!

I can't wait....I'm getting the 5! Woohoo!

I toyed with a new iPad, but have had my heart on a mini for a while! I may eventually look at one of the refurb iPads when I need to retire my iPad one of these day, but for now...the iPad 2 and the mini for me!!

Woot woot for a new iPad 5 for you!! :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be dastardly of them to release them at different times. Then I'd be tempted to buy both instead of being able to choose between the two at the same time, lol. It would be hard to resist buying the first one released, only to wait months to see whether the other is more appealing.

Most reactions