What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad makes a good flashlight!!!

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We lost power a couple of hours ago so I've been using my iPad to guide me around the house!! I even activated 3G just so I could get back on the Internet!!! At least now I'll be able to bring it to my brothers on fathers day and show it off!!!

Addicted!!!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Works great for insomnia without waking the house.
I find google news gives a mellow glow that's not too bright...

jacobgong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yea sure a flashlight shaped like this is really easy to use...
you know you can also use it as a chop board or a weapon to kill people right? very versatile.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought about posting about my usage as a flashlight about a week ago. I decided not to, as I thought it a bit silly. Glad someone else mentioned it.

OP
I

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought about posting about my usage as a flashlight about a week ago. I decided not to, as I thought it a bit silly. Glad someone else mentioned it.

Well, since it was the only thing handy, not having a working flashlight in the house, it worked out very well. Gave me enough light to find the candles and matches!!!

Glad to hear someone else found the same use for the iPad!!!

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yea sure a flashlight shaped like this is really easy to use...
you know you can also use it as a chop board or a weapon to kill people right? very versatile.

Off-topic: Yeah, really, that was so unnecessary...

On-topic: I haven't had to use my iPad as flashlight yet, but I'm sure it'll be great as one!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have dozens of flashlights around that invariably need new batteries when I need light. I am mre likely to be near my iPad when the lights go out, so even if is just illuminate getting to a flashlight, it can help.

jacobgong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well let's see what stuffs do I have in my house that can give off light?
computer screens, LCDs and CRTs
the LEDs on my PC
the LEDs on my laptop
the screen of my laptop
the flashlight of my phone
the screen of my phone
the light of an optical mouse
some lighters
some matches
24-LED array closet light
6-LED flashlight
3-LED craking flashlight
2-LED emergency radio with flashlight
1-LED magnetic induction generating flashlight
A bottle of florescent goo

I'm sorry maybe I'm too smart but I kind of know that screens glow and iPads have batteries in them even though I haven't got an iPad yet.

OP
I

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry maybe I'm too smart but I kind of know that screens glow and iPads have batteries in them even though I haven't got an iPad yet.

I can assure you you're not smart at all - otherwise you would have known when to quit. ;)

Highlow87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thiskingdombythesea.tumblr.com
I love using my ipad and iphone as source of light. not as the main one but when I need light and there's nothing else at hand, like when you're trying to make your away across your dark room in the middle of the night, it's a great help!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the power goes out, it is what can illuminate and handy. Since most of us do not carry flashlights around the house all the time, we make do. The whole point is that it is surprising how much illumination an iPad can give in a pinch. Using it to keep from stumbling over the dog hill you get the flashlight is just good sense.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The fireplace APP has been known to 'set the mode' in those hard-up :p emergency situations.... Isn't it amazing what these iPads can do... :D. Can you imagine if Steve would give us a camera

Most reactions