What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD/Itunes Memory size?

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way I tell how much memory my tunes/songs would use before syncing them over to my Ipad2?

Thanks,

Mel

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The quick answer is that you can see the size of any iTunes library (music, video, etc.) by selecting it from the LH column. At the bottom of the screen you'll see the details. If you open iTunes and click on "Music" in the LH column you will see how many albums and the total space in MB's or GB's (TB's? :eek:) making up your library.:

2qsbc79.jpg

So it depends on what you decide to sync, your entire library or just a few playlists.

The key is selecting what you want to sync from iTunes to your iPad. If you want all of the music in your iTunes library on your iPad, simply select "Entire music library" under the "Music" tab in iTunes when your iPad is connected. If you want only certain songs, artists, playlists, etc. then select the next option down and choose what you want to sync:

23itd8h.png

Even with 64GB of total space on my iPad, the files for my music library plus videos, podcasts, audio books, etc. are far more than that. So I like to create specific playlists for music. I also pick and choose which videos and the like that I want to sync under each of the respective tabs in iTunes.

Also, once you have your iPad connected to your computer/iTunes you can easily see how much space items might take up by checking and unchecking each one. At the bottom of the screen the total space will increase and decrease respectively:

2qco1mx.png

Once you've found the right amount, click on the "Apply" button (bottom RH of the iTunes window) and the sync will commence.

Here's Apple's take on the subject:

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

If you use Google you'll also find hundreds of detailed articles about creating playlists and syncing as well. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts