What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad is Great, iTunes is not.

sirmaivanova

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPod app on iPad is not working

I have problems with my iPad and I am so disappointed because I cannot find any advise, anywhere. I love the iPod app on my iPad. But after several synchronizing with my PC (it was all fine), suddenly I cannot open the iPod - although the Itunes says that syncing is ok!
The icon just opens and quickly closes - the app shows no live at all.

What shall I do? I tried the restoration...before restoting the apps iPod looked ok. But when i sync it - the same situation.

Anyone any ideas?

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iTunes works perfectly if you get all your music through iTunes. iTunes messed up several albums of mine and couldn't get art for a lot of them. The Zune software was much more accurate with organization and was able to recognize a lot more. (Though still not perfect, it split some of my albums as well when it found the same song on more than one album, it would get confused).

Maybe its because I'm old (ok, not that old). I like to buy real CDs on original media with artwork and such. I also don't listen to any top 40 stuff, so my collection is probably more obscure.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have problems with my iPad and I am so disappointed because I cannot find any advise, anywhere. I love the iPod app on my iPad. But after several synchronizing with my PC (it was all fine), suddenly I cannot open the iPod - although the Itunes says that syncing is ok!
The icon just opens and quickly closes - the app shows no live at all.

What shall I do? I tried the restoration...before restoting the apps iPod looked ok. But when i sync it - the same situation.

Anyone any ideas?

Have you tried rebooting the iPad.
Hold the power button at the top down for 3-4 seconds. The slide to power off. Once its down, hold power again and it will boot up.

imon32red

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. iTunes was good in its day. However, that day is gone. It needs a major overhaul, or just scrap it all together.

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
I've had a few glitches with Itunes over the years but, nothing major. I would love to get a mac and use it on that (I'm inching closer to this). The only issue I've had so far is, the last time I connected my Ipod; it didn't remove the songs I wanted it to when I unchecked them and synced.

When I first got my Ipad, I updated Itunes and then when I connected it, was promted to update to 3.2. I haven't had many issues with the Ipad.

Awhile ago I found a way to put the Album artwork into my music manually for the music that needed it but, don't remember how I did it.

iain1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that finds itunes to be the most rubbish, obstructive and unneccessarily complicated bit of software to use.

Mine spends all its time trying to optimise volumes of MP3s on my HDD, I have two copies of every track in the library, but the copies are unavailable, if I try to add albums to the iPad, only half of the album contents go across, putting videos on there is harder than doing a triple twist off a diving board while wearing a sombrero and flippers.

In a word, it's shite.

What happened to click & drag? Easy file management?

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My main complaints about it are

1. Duplicates, it's not smart enough to stop showing duplicates even when you check the option to not show dulpicates. This needs to work and it would be nice if it would filter out the lower bit rate mp3's and only show the highest bit rate version of the duplicate....did that make sense?

2. Anyone that has ever accidently let itunes organize their library knows that this option should NEVER exist. Man what a mess it makes

3. Needs to be smart enough to pick up new songs in folders without rescanning or waiting for you to play them.

that being said, if you are looking for a way to have music in your home and have some sort of touch screen to use throughout the house to contorl said music, itunes + iPad and their remote App is one of the best options to use. There are much more $$$ ways to do what this setup does, and some of them not even close to being as good.

Walker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone PLEASE help, I used to be able to sync my ipad to my laptop, now all I get is "This iPad can not be used Apple Mobile Device iTunes failed to start", or along those lines.

After googling the problem, I was advised to go un-install itunes and all of its other apps, quick time ect...did that! Re-installed everything now when I plug ipad into said computer nothing at all comes up in itunes, but when I plug my ipod is it works as it should

Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone PLEASE help, I used to be able to sync my ipad to my laptop, now all I get is "This iPad can not be used Apple Mobile Device iTunes failed to start", or along those lines.

After googling the problem, I was advised to go un-install itunes and all of its other apps, quick time ect...did that! Re-installed everything now when I plug ipad into said computer nothing at all comes up in itunes, but when I plug my ipod is it works as it should

I sometimes get a message from itunes saying the iphone cannot be syncronized. Just turn off your iPad and turn it back on then open iTunes and then connect your iPad. Maybe it is because I am jailbroken...

allenmobis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mobilespysoftware.net

The two-way sync work with Safari on Mac computers and with both Internet Explorer and Safari for Windows on Windows PC’s. You can use a workaround to get Chrome or Firefox bookmarks onto the iPad, but it will not give you a 2-way sync between browsers.

1. Connect your iPad to your pc and open iTunes.

2. Select your device from the left column.

three. In the correct column, select the Info tab.

4. Scroll down to the Other section.

5. For Mac users: Check the Sync Safari bookmarks checkbox.

For Windows users: Check the Sync bookmarks from checkbox and choose either Web Explorer or Safari from the dropdown menu.

6. Click the Apply or Sync button.

The two-way sync between your device and your computer is now produced and will include them within the sync process when the device is connected to iTunes.

If you are using a browser other than those mentioned above, you are able to still get your bookmarks to your device by utilizing iTunes, regrettably this means that you will need to export your bookmarks from Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. and import them into either Web Explorer or Safari. You would then use the above steps to move the bookmarks to your device. While it does seem to be a sloppy answer, it certain beats having to enter the bookmarks by hand.

Hope It will be helpful.

Michele6303

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pallentx said:
Yes, I can drag and drop music to the iPad, but its very complicated to selectively not sync certain individual songs from your library, and photos were even more difficult to deal with. ITunes also couldnt get a lot of my album art, so I opened the Zune software to get all that info and then used the album art from Zune to manually add in iTunes. (Which is also not a very intuitive process).

How do you get the music from your zune to iTunes I am technically challenged lol

Most reactions

Latest posts