What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad hardware failures

Have you ever had a hardware problem with your iPad?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 75 81.5%

• Total voters

Victguja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's talk about any hardware failure of your iPad! Did you have any? For example, is there anybody that broke the home button? How did Apple react?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, no failures what so ever. Only way home button can be broken is if purposely or badly abused ;-) hardware is great. Ive dropped my ipad several times on accident. Still works like a charm. Of course i had it either in official apple case or my new Targus Case/stand.

OP
Victguja

Victguja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your answers. Anyway, it is not the fear for a failure that pushed my to poll but the curiousity for failure modes and statiscs of the failure. I was trying to understand if there are failures around because until now i never heard of one from anybody. Thanks.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One reason is so simple it is a solid state device. Laptops in general have several failures.
1) hard drives
2) cd/dv drives
3) external power supplies

However because the ipad is solid state. The fail rate is very small. in saying that one will always have a small percentage that will fail on delivery usually with in 2 weeks this could be discolored screens, power issues etc etc. Apple will replace any of these units. If the ipad fails with in 12 months it will be replaced not repaired

mprager

iPF Noob
Reaction score
saw recently ipad h/w failure in usb connection.

Have seen recently ipad h/w failure in usb connection, and also in another ipad the screen stopped working (touch) -
both were replaced by apple.

Jane Welford

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hardware seems great

I've had my iPad nearly two months. I let the kids use it and so far I've had no problems at all. It seems very robust. I carry it around in my handbag and it gets bumped around quite a lot, but hasn't caused any problems. It is in a case though.

The only thing I would say is that I've been a bit disappointed with the battery life. I leave it on charge overnight, but it seems to run down quite quickly.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Col you forgot laptop hinges.
Had several die due to the joints failing.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had my iPad nearly two months. I let the kids use it and so far I've had no problems at all. It seems very robust. I carry it around in my handbag and it gets bumped around quite a lot, but hasn't caused any problems. It is in a case though.

The only thing I would say is that I've been a bit disappointed with the battery life. I leave it on charge overnight, but it seems to run down quite quickly.

My iPad is on 7/24 I get easily 10 to 12 hours then charge I use it for every thing inc games I d
Suggest you may have something running in background draining the battery 10 hours is average ok

Gps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problems except that I have NO SOUND. It seems that my IPad thinks it is docked. Sometimes I get a small sound but usually there is nothing. Can anyone help???

gmanni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad just had the strange behaviour.
Was working fine when I just went to use it in the other room. No drop or anything nothing, was working 2 seconds before and suddenly it would come on again
Pressing home button or switch would just give nothing. The battery was at 56% and I hade a couple of apps loaded, IMO and safari
I plugged the iPad to the power thinking that maybe the battery was flat but nothing was happening. Left it for few minutes but nothing.
Then wile with power connected I pressed home and switch together for few seconds. After that the apple came up and after a bit it came back alive. However since this incident that I can't justify in any way the response doesn't seems the same.
Some field don't work anymore and selecting a text seems to be very fiddling now. sometimes doesn't even respond to the touch in some areas.
I will try to talk to apple see what they say about it.

I had this for just 2 weeks. Doesn't look very good to me. Im very careful and case is always on.

pricej636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had very high latency on my wifi with my first iPad. Slow speeds, slow downloading. Exchanged it and my second iPad is fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts