What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will new features be unveiled during the iPad Release

Will the iPad received any added features upon release?

• Yes, Apple will surprise us.

Votes: 58 61.1%
  • No, What you see is what you get.

Votes: 37 38.9%

• Total voters

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree about the Camera Connector

We won't have long to wait folks. But why is there no information at all on the Camera Connector.:confused:

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really hope that they will include a USB port. It would add so many possibilities that I think will make the iPad MUCH more user friendly & useful.

I've seen the lack of a USB port talked about as a huge negative, along with the (supposed) lack of multitasking, lack of flash, etc.

I'm honestly confused as to why you would see the need to have a USB port built into the device. (really, I'm trying to understand, please don't take this as criticism.)

There will be an adapter that plugs into the dock connector and provides a USB port for connecting a camera. I would imagine that app designers could find a way to access this for connecting specialized hardware if they needed to, but it's not something you'd want connected all the time.

My confusion stems from trying to understand just exactly what people thing they're going to connect to the iPad on a regular basis... it's a portable, tablet roughly the size of a hardback book. Anything connected to it makes it much less portable. I imaging carrying mine with me almost constantly throughout the day, replacing my Day-Timer organizer.

I've wondered this too. My guess is that you have a lot of people who are still in the netbook/PC mind set. I don't mean that to offend any netbook or PC users. I just think people are used to file transferring/storage a different way. There are folks who are used to having to physically manage and organize their files through folders on their PC using a portable flash drive or some sort of file transfer. They aren't familiar with syncing using itunes through the dock connector. If I'm right about it, I think a lot of these users will get their first experience with iTunes syncing and be like, "oh...I get it. This is great!" Of course, you'll probably also get your more hardcore tech users who will want greater control and a more "PC" user experience, but those are the folks who will buy a Slate and call it a day.

Most reactions