What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad GPS-software

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Maps App doesn't give turn by turn navigation, which is what most people want from a SatNav.

Personally speaking, my iPad and iPhone have GPS but I still use my standalone TomTom. In my car the ipad would block half my windscreen!

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes google maps is what I was talking about.....but would navigon work if I had wifi only ipad BUT I can have wifi anywhere through tethering my droid to iPad is the next question that keeps getting answered around from previous post in this thread

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Maps App doesn't give turn by turn navigation, which is what most people want from a SatNav.

Personally speaking, my iPad and iPhone have GPS but I still use my standalone TomTom. In my car the ipad would block half my windscreen!

Depends on what iPad car mount u use !

I myself had a mount with a short "arm" that made me have up on the windscreen and blocked my veiw, later on i bought another one with a longer "arm" and now It's below my dashboard just above my stereo, works like a sharm, but this was back im may, now there are surely newer and better mounts.

And if your idevice Is jailbroken, download "FULLFORCE" from cydia, that force's all apps to fill the screen, works on almost all aps, more or less.

Car Windshield Mount for eeePC / UMPC / iPad

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheThillman#p/u/2/nq9X8yp7aNw[/ame]

mraif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uese MapQuest 4 Mobile...it's free, although is for iPhone so you have to put it in 2X, but it still looks great. And it speaks turn-by-turn streets! This is a great app that is FREE!

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Not really, my day to day car is a Smart Roadster!

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Not really, my day to day car is a Smart Roadster!

Hmm, yea It's abit different In size between a Volvo and a smart roadster ! :)

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Sweden is that post a website u posted that I can order the mount strait from? It looks like it but I tried to save that page as like a bookmark but there's no option

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Sweden is that post a website u posted that I can order the mount strait from? It looks like it but I tried to save that page as like a bookmark but there's no option

usbfever.com - USB Gadgets, iPhone / iPod / iPad Accessories

I bought from It/my from this site, It took me 4 days to get It to Sweden, and the shipment fee Is low, but as i said before It was back In may 2010 when i upgraded to the 3G model.

Now there are many more brands making car mounts wich Is better and proberbly In a stor near u, not that I dont like this one.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I definitely have to reccomend Navigon 1.7...I tried them all including copilot live hd...Navigon has the best interface and is the easiest to use. As far as a car mount, I made a custom one that uses an extra back cover/stand for the otterbox case mounted directly to a stereo mounting kit in my dash...I relocated my headunit *giggity* and just used the spot in the dash.

Most reactions

Latest posts