What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad golf pushcart mount with solar powered fan

mtltdi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Golfshot GPS on my 64gb 3g ipad, and wanted something that would allow me to attach the iPad to my pushcart.

I started with a simple stand made of three sided boxed aluminum that you can get at Home Depot in the door section, cut it with a small cordless hacksaw. The hacksaw with miter box does a shoddy job on angles so version 1 looks rough around the edges. I used copper pipe and rivets for all connections. I also used some aluminum flat stock to attach my pieces together.

MobileMe Gallery

The iPad overheated after about 10 holes and needed to be shut down and cooled for a while. I believe direct sunlight was the culprit.

I headed back to the drawing board and came up with Version 2. This one is made of one piece of boxed aluminum c channel, folded at the corners to minimize rivets bracing. This time I used my 12" Milwaukee miter saw with a non-ferrous metal blade.

MobileMe Gallery

I attached a Volkswagen solar charger to a small computer fan sucking the hot air from the back of the iPad.

I have not been able to hit the links yet, but should get out there soon and I will report back on my experiences.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great work.
Your main problem is that you will now need a powered golf cart.........
This could be the start of a business empire!

OP
M

mtltdi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the comments. I wish I knew how to weld so I could really go to town on this and eliminate things like the copper and rivets. hehe

OP
M

mtltdi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated it with the Ram-Mount system for the ipad. Looks less chopped up and more elegant IMO.

MobileMe Gallery
arondeauaccounting

arondeauaccounting

Most reactions