What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad email application issue

Jcryan1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everytime that I try to run the email app, the app screen comes on momentarily and then I get "thrown out" and back to the home screen. :mad:
What is going on, how can I fix the problem?

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try resetting your iPad by pressing sleep button and home button at the same time till apple logo shows up. See if this works first.

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
if resetting doesnt work, you might need to restore your ipad in itunes. just remember to backup the ipad, by right clicking on the ipad in the left column and choose Backup.

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everytime that I try to run the email app, the app screen comes on momentarily and then I get "thrown out" and back to the home screen. :mad:

I am glad u brought this up because I am having the same problem except I am able to stay in the app for a while then I get thrown out to the home screen. I just so hope this is not a problem with my ipad, due to the fact this is already my second one.

OP
J

Jcryan1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if resetting doesnt work, you might need to restore your ipad in itunes. just remember to backup the ipad, by right clicking on the ipad in the left column and choose Backup.
Thanks Max, restoring the iPad took care of the issue. Hopefully the problem won't happen again, as I am very happy having bought one, it helps me on my job and personal life. Again, thanks for your help.

bcordts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email issues

I have a similar problem. I have email with a PDF attached that will not open or let me delete it. It hangs for a while and then shuts off the email program. There are two like this. I have received the earlier version of these PDFs from the same source and they opened fine. Anyone think re-setting is the answer? Hate to do as I did on another issue and it messes up settings, etc.

Philpw99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem! I have 2 email addresses. One is gmail and one is with my email server through IMAP. The gmail works fine, but as soon as I open my email in my Zimbra server, iPad mail closes and return to home screen. I am not happy to see the mighty iPad can handle all those 3d games, but can not read the simple mail messages.

Most reactions

Latest posts