What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad display problem with jquery plugin

blotter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks! I'm a web developer and a client of mine has said he has been receiving complaints from users viewing his site using an ipad. Since I don't have an ipad, I'd be very appreciative if someone could have a quick look at the site in question and let me know if you are experiencing display issues.

Here's what SHOULD happen at the site in question...the thumbnails should scroll infinitely in either direction using the left and right arrows. On some thumbnails, clicking them will take you through to a secondary image gallery. The plugin used to achieve this is called jcarousel, and I have seen a few reports of issues with display problems on mobile devices using it. It would be great if some of you ipad-owning folks wouldn't mind playing around with the site and letting me know if it seems broken or noting any display problems (images don't show up, scroll only works in one direction, etc). Screenshots would be super awesome! Thanks.

Ok..it appears i cannot post links yet as I'm new. Please bear with me. The site is at www(dot) liveedgewoodcountertops(dot)com.

Thanks very much. -Jon

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tried several pages with no problems. The video works too. Not sure what screen shots you were looking for, there are a lot of screens.

OP
B

blotter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright, thanks. I was curious to find out exactly what, if any problems are going on with the slider functionality. For example, if the left or right slider wasn't showing up, I'd want to see a screenshot of that, or if there seemed to be anything strange going on with the display of the thumbnails. Are you viewing with an Ipad 2?

Thanks for responding.

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I'm using an iPad2. Here are some screen shots of the main page and different slider views.
The last picture is from tapping on one of the tables in the slider.

Attachments

• image-587258123.png
    image-587258123.png
    437 KB · Views: 324
  • image-1991062941.png
    image-1991062941.png
    448.2 KB · Views: 266
  • image-2721732207.png
    image-2721732207.png
    440.3 KB · Views: 282
  • image-66380055.png
    image-66380055.png