What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Case Reviews

SuperC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SuperC, do you mind answering a few questions about the Marware Eco-Vue?

1) Do you think it'd still fit an ipad if the ipad had invisibleshield on the back/front?
2) How thick is the case, relative to the thickness of the iPad itself? With the iPad inside, is it about double the thickness? Triple?
3) Can you make any comparisons with the official Apple iPad case?

thanks!

1. I think it would fit no problem with the shield on. There is a little extra room in there.
2. The case with the Ipad in it is a little over 1 inch think. Alot of that thinkiness is the padding under the leather for protection of the Ipad. It is the perfect thinkness for me.
3. I do not have the Apple case but have seen it. This case is much better in feel, look, quality. The only thing it lacks is the Apple case viewing adjustments, but more than makes up for it with the keyboard flip out, and "elastic handgrip".

You will not be disappointed.
FYI- the only onther case I feel might be better is the Quirky case (for additional viewing angles etc). However, its not out yet and not finalized.

For the business professional, IMHO the Marware Eco-Vue is the case to get.

jhugne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Secure magnetic clip

There are folio type cases in the market that got a "Secure magnetic clip". Are there are any issues that you can see on having them side-by-side or near the iPad's LED display. I am aware magnet have bad effects on CRT but am not aware of with LED or LCD devices. Any thoughts, please?

Google Cynett Lavish Book-style case

rwsimon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Macally Bookstand case to replace the Apple case. I liked the Apple case in the way it functioned (3 ways to prop up the iPad, etc.) but don't like the black material that shows every smudge all the time. It also completely obscures the iPad other than its screen.

The Macally provides the same functionality as the Apple case but is much slimmer, exposes most of the iPad when open, has a leather closure, and has a grey finish. So I think it offers several enhancements over the Apple case without losing any features. However, since the Apple case is thicker and heavier, it probably does provide marginally greater protection under some circumstances.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i may add to this post.. If you're on the fence about the Belkin Grip Vue or the Macally FlexFit, spend the extra money and get the Belkin. Although some claim they are the same, the are definitely NOT. I have the Macally..A friend of mine has the Belkin. The tolerances are much better and it feels more refined. The power and volume push button on the Belkin is also softer and easier to manipulate.
Either will do the job but if you're looking for something a bit nicer, go Grip Vue. I'm definitely converting.

ChiefGeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thick leather cases

Aligata.com make a set of great cases for the iPad. They are thick, real protective leather cases that are just gorgeous. They protect all angles of the iPad and allow for use in the case. In fact, the iPad looks like a leather folio in them. My huge investment is covered well in their cases. BTW... I bought one pre-ship, they were delayed, so the guy who runs it sent all of the preorders a choice of a second case. Great customer service.

black1__97497_zoom.jpg

Last edited:

crazymomomo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got the case before the iPad lol

hey guys!!! im soooooo exited to receive my ipad :) which model of ipad are u guys gonna get?
i have got the wifi type but if i have more money i will get the 3G one...

well, to protect my new ipad i bought a case and it only cost me 5 pounds from the online shop. and they also do screen protector in mirror finish!!!!! what a cool idea!!! the whole ipad screen could be a mirror!!!!
they run out the mirror screen protector for now but i guess they will start to sell it again from next week. (coz i email and asked them!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts