What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Case Reviews

ben12345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the website? I can't find anything when I search "kinroo". Thanks.

Its a kinroo.
Here is one map case:

Or this:
51Xv2oOOZqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Kinroo website is www.kinroo.com, it's available to search by google.

I found the website but can't find this case listed.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The map cases I was showing are not Kinroo. To be honest, dancing bird is making me ticked about Kinroo as he has posted nothing other than shills. I don't mind those like ipadone who participate, but there are those who do not care about us beyond a sale.

write-stuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.richarddawkins.net
I initially got a Belkin zipper case, exact size of the iPad. Simple and effective. But I've sense moved up to a little larger cloth case I found at Fry's. I put the iPad in the original case it it, and still have room to carry the cable and charger.

Using the iPad I've found it to be a bit slippery to hold. I built myself a crude "rack" that holds it while I use it. Looks bad but works great.

Vermont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Otter Box seems to be by far the best out there.

Have you guys seen these...iPad Cases // OtterBox.com. I'm leaning towards the defender for the beach and park outings with the kids.

I don't think Otter Box Defender will be out until summer. Whatever will I do in the meantime to protect both the front and the back from dings and fingerprints? Any ideas from the peanut gallery?

bbkenney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Case/Apple Keyboard Dock

Does anyone else have trouble putting ipad w/Apple case on the keyboard dock? Any solutions?

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone else have trouble putting ipad w/Apple case on the keyboard dock? Any solutions?

I was taking my apple case off every time I wanted to dock it, I quit using the dock for now. I like what the new otterbox looks like.

Otterbox Finally Debuts Their iPad Case Lines: Commuter and*Defender*

Waaaaaaay back in the heady days of March 10, 2010 iPadBags.com posted news that someday, if we behave and eat our veggies, that Otterbox would release some incredible iPad cases. Well over 50 days later ( equals 9 months in technology blog time) thier long awaited Commuter and Defender series iPad cases have arrived, at least in pictures. Lets first take a look at the Commuter series (pictured above).

These, one would guess, are for commuters! The Commuter is an attractive slim case as you can see. The darkened corners are a nice design touch as is the hole in the back so you can polish your favorite logo! It’s very clean looking from the front and the thing I like best is that’s it’s smooth plastic. Silicon cases are kind of sticky and grippy, which is fine, those sorts of cases have their place. But They also tend to pick up lint, dust, and are harder to get in and out of bags. I really like the fact this is just a tough real plastic built to protect iPad from most minor impacts. All ports are accessible of course, and to access the sync cord or docking station, just remove the small panel from the bottom. Not earth shattering, but cool. Lastly it comes with a free clear-screen protecting film. I’ve never been a fan of the screen protectors for iPhone or iPad, they just don’t seem necessary, I think they just play on people’s fears. I’ve put my iPhones though hell since 2007 and never once had a scratch, maybe I was just lucky?. But anyway, it’s included free! Pricing on this one is $64.95 and you can enter your email over at Otterbox to be notified when they become available.

OH HELL YEAH! The Defender series isn’t messing around. Look at the picture, it’s almost daring you to throw it under a truck or take it for a tour in Fallujah. This case is just brimming with confidence that your iPad will NOT be hurt on it’s watch. It has some rugged good looks too I have to say, just look at those bold lines and angles. It’s the iPad case equivilent of a square jaw. More so than the Commuter series, the Defender also boasts some serious function:

Absolutely awesome design, the polycarbonate cover does double duty. When it’s not snapped on the front to protect the screen it hinges on to act as a prop up for media viewing. This is one elegantly done piece, and there’s lots of strategically placed silicon on this one too. All the ports are covered by removable silicon plugs and like the Commuter, this one also sports a removable panel for iPad dock support. The back of the case has a bit of silicon in the design to keep the iPad still on a table top when laying flat. Someone at R&D had their thinking cap on!
With this beast your iPad should be well protected from just about anything you can throw at it, just don’t take it swimming or anything.
This one will retail for $89.95, and is also not quite yet available. This is an incredible pair of cases and among the best I’ve seen so far. No release date yet, so keep bugging Otterbox until they sell these suckers.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you guys seen these...iPad Cases // OtterBox.com. I'm leaning towards the defender for the beach and park outings with the kids.

I don't think Otter Box Defender will be out until summer. Whatever will I do in the meantime to protect both the front and the back from dings and fingerprints? Any ideas from the peanut gallery?

That's what I got the squaretrade insurance for. No matter what I'm protected.:D

I actually just called apple today to return the dock. I didn't even take it out of the fedex box since it was delivered on 4/5! I realized that I'm never going to take my 3G out of a case of some kind and I will never be using it as a digital photo frame so the dock just seemed unecessary for me.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find both of the OtterBox cases to be interesting, but pricey. The issue would be how easy the access is for the buttons. The detachable section to fit the dock is a good solution.

SuperC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just recieved my Marware Eco-Vue for iPad

The Marware Eco-Vue is really well put together leather case. It does not look like a cheap case at all. The microfiber on the inside is top notch. The logo is very subtle which I like. The stitching is great looking too. It does have all the correct openings (speaker, volume, headphone jack, sync cable, etc). This case will not fit in the Ipad dock, which is the only real bummer.
The flip out keyboard stand is very handy, it is a great addition along with the elastic "hand grip" which is also a nice touch- very secure when holding with one hand.

Overall, I am very happy with this case. It will provide all the protection I need for work (throwing it in my computer bag, etc). It looks very professional.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 321
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 384

Noonan3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using the Macally Metrolpad for about a week and I like it so far.
metrolpad.jpg

I've had one for a few weeks... Very happy with it... Lightweight, very low profile, keeps the back from getting scratched and protects the sides... Also like that the Apple logo shows through the back...

How's the grippiness on that case?

ItzCooLz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SuperC, do you mind answering a few questions about the Marware Eco-Vue?

1) Do you think it'd still fit an ipad if the ipad had invisibleshield on the back/front?
2) How thick is the case, relative to the thickness of the iPad itself? With the iPad inside, is it about double the thickness? Triple?
3) Can you make any comparisons with the official Apple iPad case?

thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts