What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Case Reviews

rsavell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My MarWare Eco-Vue will arrive on Tuesday. I looked a ton of cases online, and I kept coming back to this one. A co-worker has the Apple branded case, it looks awesome, but I am not fond of the edges.

I hope I will be happy with this Eco-Vue.
I have had this case for a week now. I love everything about it, except the small flap that holds it in. It is not like the iPad will fall out, but it does slip a little. For now, I am happy with it.

MarathonMax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Initial Thoughts

Upon receiving Hard Candy's Squish Skin we immediately thought it has the potential to be a good case. A few more looks at the case and we knew it will stand out as it looks unique and quite playful, mainly because Hard Candy admitted in modelling the Squish Skin to a Wii remote case.

You can read the full review on my iPad case blog.

We're very much thankful to Hard Candy for giving us a sample for review. :)

Awesome - dead on subject. Love it!

aligatacom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution to an accidental slip-out issue

@chiefgeek

I just got my Aligata case (Black Espresso) and found it a bit more of a mixed bag. Leather quality is nice and it certainly feels more substantial than the Apple Ipad case. However, there is a bit more give than I would like, i.e., the Ipad slides back and forth a bit too much for my tastes. When you hold the case in landscape mode it IS possible for the Ipad to slip out. (Aligata warned of this possibility in earlier marketing descriptions.) While native Ipad apps let you go both directions (left on bottom or right on bottom) when in landscape, many Iphone apps force landscape into a left-on-bottom position. When viewing videos from MSNBC and Al Jazeera you MUST watch in this left-landscape mode. I noticed immediately a tendency toward downward slippage. In these instances, you come to appreciate that reinforcing flap the Apple puts in their Ipad case.

Hello,

I have introduced some improvement to my cases (mostly for Black Espresso, because it was the most spacious one), which:

1. Prevents the device from accidental slip-out,
2. Prevents the device from those movements inside the case.

It is a small circle made of soft plastic, that is attached to the case, right underneath Apple logo at the back of the iPad (when in case).

When the device is in case, circle sticks to the logo and holds iPad firmly.

I wanted to post here a link to a photo of such a circle, but iPadForums won't let me do this, since I am a newcomer here.

I am adding this feature to all my cases now. Moreover I am sending these circles to all my existing Customers, who ordered my case before I introduced the improvement.

So it is going to come to you as well in a couple of days.

This solution works pretty well. I hope you will like it :).

Best regards,

Tom Skalczynski
--
Aligata.com

BFawlty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HCC iPad bubble sleeve is what we got, works great on the road. I am looking to add a Belkin grip vie to it and probably a screen protector. I travel a lot and have a lot of confidence in the Hardcandy case protecting the iPad.

Chris

aligatacom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aligata cases pictures

Hello, Emily,

Please, take a look at ALIGATA dot COM webpage. I wanted to post here links to a site and pictures, but I am new here and iPadForums won't allow me to post links ;).

There are many pictures of each product (10 - 20 for each of them).

You can also read reviews of my cases by GearDiary.com and i4u.com with pictures. There are links to them on Aligata main page.

Majority of the images is taken in the workshop and almost no "photoshopped" (well, just brightened if too dark and cropped to remove the background) :).

Best regards,

Tom
--
Aligata.com

ChiefGeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@chiefgeek

I just got my Aligata case (Black Espresso) and found it a bit more of a mixed bag. Leather quality is nice and it certainly feels more substantial than the Apple Ipad case. However, there is a bit more give than I would like, i.e., the Ipad slides back and forth a bit too much for my tastes. When you hold the case in landscape mode it IS possible for the Ipad to slip out. (Aligata warned of this possibility in earlier marketing descriptions.) While native Ipad apps let you go both directions (left on bottom or right on bottom) when in landscape, many Iphone apps force landscape into a left-on-bottom position. When viewing videos from MSNBC and Al Jazeera you MUST watch in this left-landscape mode. I noticed immediately a tendency toward downward slippage. In these instances, you come to appreciate that reinforcing flap the Apple puts in their Ipad case.

While I completely hear your concern about the shifting, Tom from aligata has been very responsive to the feedback and has tried to provide solutions that will help current and future customers. It is refreshing to have been able to get someone selling such a high quality product that is so receptive to positive and negative feedback.

ChiefGeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another outstanding case

Dodocase.com which is designed to look like a moleskin book. Beautiful and functional. The iPad is cradled in a luxurious hand-carved wood case with a gorgeous leather top. I am worried that the cloth pieces with adhesive that hold the iPad in will be difficult to remove over time, but right now, I am impressed.

lrgstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes his case does allow it to fold back and flattened. There is a tab on the back of the case that you can insert the flap into the create the beveled stand.

xiutian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Going to add another chime in for Marware Eco vue. Very nice protective case, also great that the iPad doesn't slide around in the case like in some of the cheaper ones.

tluv00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking at getting the Otterbox commuter case. Sure expensive but that thing is a beast. The defender is a little much I think. Anyone have a hands on with one yet?

Most reactions

Latest posts