What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Calendar Questions

Midnight Blue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two questions on the iPad Calendar app:

1) When I create an event in the Calendar app and sync to Outlook using iTunes, the event does not appear in my Outlook calendar. All events I create in the Outlook calendar do however sync TO the iPad. Shouldn't events created in the Calendar app sync from the iPad to Outlook? (PS - my Outlook does connect to an Exchange server but our corporate IT will not allow iPads/iPhones to connect via ActiveSync so I am forced to sync calendar/contacts/notes using iTunes. I don't bother with email sync as that would be nearly pointless.)

2) I noticed that address data in the iPad Contacts app will link directly to Google Maps when clicked. The same behavior does not appear to be true for addresses contained in calendar events. Is there a way for an address in a Calendar event be linked to launch Maps?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
#1 itunes only syncs outlook one way as far as i know. If your company allowed the ipad to connect to the exchange server all would work as it should.

#2 No you cant. You would have to copy it and past it in google maps.

OP
M

Midnight Blue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
#1 itunes only syncs outlook one way as far as i know. If your company allowed the ipad to connect to the exchange server all would work as it should.

Changes I make to contacts on the iPad DO sync back to Outlook. New calendar events created on the iPad do not sync back however :(

#2 No you cant. You would have to copy it and past it in google maps.

That is a shame. Addresses in Contacts are linked back but addresses in Calendar are not? Hopefully this omission is corrected in a future update. Obviously it can be done, just not implemented for some reason. :(

Most reactions

Latest posts