What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad batteries

cakueayam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just dont understand with sentence that taken from apple.com/ipad/battery

"Charge Cycles3
A properly maintained iPad battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 1000 full charge and discharge cycles. You may choose to replace your battery when it no longer holds sufficient charge to meet your needs."

And this one
"For proper reporting of the battery’s state of charge, be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down)."
It means i should fully charge and then completely running it down and then fully charge again?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just dont understand with sentence that taken from apple.com/ipad/battery ...[snip battery advice]...

It means i should fully charge and then completely running it down and then fully charge again?

Yes. This really isn't doing anything to the battery (well, other than running one of its charging cycles) - it's to recalibrate, or keep calibrated, the battery charge monitor. That way, it can continue to give a good reading on the battery charge.

Marilyn

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cakueayam said:
I just dont understand with sentence that taken from apple.com/ipad/battery

"Charge Cycles3
A properly maintained iPad battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 1000 full charge and discharge cycles. You may choose to replace your battery when it no longer holds sufficient charge to meet your needs."

And this one
"For proper reporting of the battery’s state of charge, be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down)."

A)There are only a set amount of charge/discharge cycles in any battery, 1000 in this case,
B)Apple recommend discharging completely once a month to recalibrate your battery meter.

There are battery apps in the AppStore to help and remind you when to fully charge, otherwise put a re-occurring reminder in your calendar app.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't waste one of the charge cycles when calibrating the battery meter,I just keep using my iPad until the charge is down to about 5%.

grecile ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i always forget to drain the battery of my ipad - - is it really necessary to drain it and then recharge again? i always charge my ipad when it is 10%

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1000 full charge cycles before it will only hold an 80% charge.

grecile ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ooo goody - - - no need to worry about the bat.... that is a good news, thanks to all

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didnt know you had to do this, so I need to make a note on when to do the full charge cycle, wish I knew this about my iPhone.

Most reactions

Latest posts