What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery: Running it down to 0% or charging on a regular basis?

CuriousDan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I've read that "For proper reporting of the battery’s state of charge, be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down)."

So do guys charge it whenever you feel like it, or really run it down from time to time?

Dan

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I try to let it run completely down once in a while... but probably not as often as once a month.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have found that when I run my iPad down under 10%, it gets hinky at charging time.

I usually close all apps, turn off the iPad, then plug it in for charging. When its below 10%, instead of turning back on and then starting to charge, I get the glowing Apple icon forever. I have to fiddle with it to get it to charge (or to start to charge). And, sometimes, even though it's left overnight, it doesn't go to 100% - only about 50 - 60%.

So, I try not to let it go below 10%...

Marilyn

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only time my battery has been close to 0% is when I used my iPad enough to drain the battery. Other than that, I'm not too worried about my meter being off a few percentage points and I'm not planning on making it a point to drain it. That gets in the way of using my iPad! Just use and enjoy your device and charge it when you get a chance. You will naturally have times that the battery gets close to empty anyhow, so why worry about making it a point to do so?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Every few months, when I think about it, I set it in slideshow mode and forget it until it shuts down. Overnight works best. It's just about the only time I 'almost' complain about the battery life. Takes forever.

Most reactions

Latest posts