What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad app for creating spreadsheet with interactive buttons

Gaz_Wig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to find an app where I can create a spreadsheet or file with numerous interactive buttons where I can select pass/fail , or tick/cross, for a number of different items. I would prefer to be able to email this from the app but if not I would need to be able to save the file and then email as an attachment. Has anyone got any ideas, I am ripping my hair out!!!

OP
G

Gaz_Wig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would numbers allow me to use VBA, or to create a spreadsheet or file like I mentioned in the original question???

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't use it myself. However, we do have members who are conversant with this app, so you should get some answers.

OP
G

Gaz_Wig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent, thank you very much, I will hopefully get this sorted eventually!!!

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Gaz_Wig said:
I am trying to find an app where I can create a spreadsheet or file with numerous interactive buttons where I can select pass/fail , or tick/cross, for a number of different items. I would prefer to be able to email this from the app but if not I would need to be able to save the file and then email as an attachment. Has anyone got any ideas, I am ripping my hair out!!!

Pass/fail and tick/cross sounds to me like checklist-type; if you could specify what you want to do with it...
VBA projects I am sorry but I do not know the smallest thing about...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
G

Gaz_Wig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The whole story is that I work as a high ropes instructor, and as part of our daily routine we have to check all the ropes and equipment and tick/cross them depending whether they have passed or failed in a paper form. Ideally I want to move away from paper versions to just using the iPad each morning to complete this task!!! I could send the file for the paper version if that helps!!!

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Gaz_Wig said:
The whole story is that I work as a high ropes instructor, and as part of our daily routine we have to check all the ropes and equipment and tick/cross them depending whether they have passed or failed in a paper form. Ideally I want to move away from paper versions to just using the iPad each morning to complete this task!!! I could send the file for the paper version if that helps!!!

I got it.
I work in safety as well.
For my checklists and Audits I am very happy to have found iAuditor which I think is what you will say a perfect fit for you as well.
You can create your own Audit/Checklist/Inspection Templates right within the iPad App or create a questions sheet as a csv-file and import it to the App (i.e. by email) and you can export the completed checks etc. as pdf. The App is universal, so the checks/audits can also be done using an iPhone. Togethr with each answer/checkmark you can add comments or photographic evidence.
Best part is that all of that is COMPLETELY FREE!

When it comes to exporting the completed things as csv or word file, then a one time payment of $6,99 is due (remember pdf export is free).
I will just add some screenshots. Try it out! I am sure you won't regret it!

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Attachments

• image-2988339948.jpg
    image-2988339948.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 592
  • image-2569382028.jpg
    image-2569382028.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 604
  • image-389503932.jpg
    image-389503932.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 638
  • image-3640354671.jpg
    image-3640354671.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 563
  • image-3713297892.jpg
    image-3713297892.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 674
OP
G

Gaz_Wig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much, that app is absolutely perfect for what I wanted, it is literally the exact thing that I wanted!!! You have save me so much time and effort. Thanks again!!!

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Thank you so much, that app is absolutely perfect for what I wanted, it is literally the exact thing that I wanted!!! You have save me so much time and effort. Thanks again!!!
I know exactly what you mean and I had the same feeling when I fell over this neat app here in the forum!
You are very welcome! :)

Most reactions