What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spreadsheets for ipad

handydog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought an Ipad a couple of days ago. I got it with the intention of being able to create spreadsheets which is what I mainly use (excel) on my home PC for creating estimates, keeping up with material cost, and creating bills for customers (I am in the handyman business).

I'm having trouble finding a spreadsheet app for the Ipad that is compatible with Excel for transferring files and has the ease of use that excel provides. I like the auto sum and auto fill functions of excel.

The app that I have tried so far is quick-office spreadsheet. It is "somewhat" compatible with excel as far as transferring files, but I can't find that it has any of the auto sum or auto fill features which I consider a "must have". Looks like I have to manually type in formulas for the math - which is something that isn't going to work for me.

"Numbers" is another app that looks like it might have nicer features, but apparently is not compatible with excel or any windows based spreadsheet that I might use on my PC.

Any recommendations will be much appreciated.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Numbers is fully compatible with excel. Just, if you start a spreadsheet on the pc and transfer to iPad, you have to save it as a compatible file. (so compatible with office 2003)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Have a look here...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html#post157114

Here’s another post with additional info:

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html#post256794

If you conduct a search (top of every page) you'll find answers to the same question previously posed by others as well.

Please review this thread regarding starting new topics:

New Member Assistance

Also, please read our rules - Forum rules - everybody please read!

Hope that helps and enjoy the forum!

Most reactions