What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and Lack of info display for Photo's

Juskillintime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just received my iPad and my main purpose as a visual artist is to display images for viewing. The "photo" app that comes with the iPad does just that. However I also need to have the title, size, price...etc. attached to the images for easy access. I have iPhoto on my mac computer and works perfectly for what I need and would love to find out how to get that on my iPad. My question is am I not seeing something and there is an info button on my images after syncing them to my iPad? Can I get iPhoto on my iPad or is it just for Mac Computers? If all else is there an app that can do what iPhoto does, basically an "image inventory" with info buttons for each image?

and help would be great!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
You are not missing anything, the Photo app that comes with the iPad is pretty lame. Really just a viewer, and that's all.... Go to the app store and type "photo" in the search and you will see several. You can read about them, and read reviews...... At this early stage in iPad development there may not be the perfect app for yours needs yet, but there will be I'm sure....

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had you thought of using Keynote the presentation software?
Never tried it so I may be completely wrong as to it's capabilities. (It's ok, it's not a new sensation :) )

Apple have a demo video on their website.

tim cosby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the same problem. all i need is the file name to show. any simple app for that?

antijava_taiwan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just received my iPad and my main purpose as a visual artist is to display images for viewing. The "photo" app that comes with the iPad does just that. However I also need to have the title, size, price...etc. attached to the images for easy access. I have iPhoto on my mac computer and works perfectly for what I need and would love to find out how to get that on my iPad. My question is am I not seeing something and there is an info button on my images after syncing them to my iPad? Can I get iPhoto on my iPad or is it just for Mac Computers? If all else is there an app that can do what iPhoto does, basically an "image inventory" with info buttons for each image?

and help would be great!

Here is a universal app "Photo Name" for your reference.

The one and only one functionality is to dispaly the native filename of the photos.

Free but with advertisement.

iOS 5 and above.

htttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photo-name/id568800725?ls=1&mt=8

Most reactions

Latest posts