What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad and iPod sharing one iTunes?

bradyqs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new but I've done a couple of searches and can't find an obvious answer to this one.
Can I sync the same items onto both my iPad and iPod from my iTunes? If so does that include songs/albums bought and downloaded from the iTunes store?

Thanks

Enda

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can sync up to 5 devices of same account inc Apple tv. One can alter what goes on to each device by making changes when the device ie phone ipad iPod is connected.

Dawnie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there

Really glad I found this forum as i've run itno a brick wall with this.

I originally had an Ipod Nano which chugged along quite happily synching with my Windows laptop.

At Christmas I received an Ipad which i'm chuffed with. The Ipad has synched very happily into my existing I-tunes account and all was good.

However, i'm now trying to sync my Ipod Nano into the account and it's like the computer no longer recognises my Nano :( The nano is charging away quite happily but not synching with I-tunes at all.

When I look at the I-tunes page, it shows that there is an Ipad on the account (items purchased on my Ipad) but it no longer shows any sign of there ever being an Ipod on it.

Can anyone else help me to synch my poor old - slightly redundant - nano? :(

thanks

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can sync up to 5 devices of same account inc Apple tv. One can alter what goes on to each device by making changes when the device ie phone ipad iPod is connected.

Actually this is incorrect - you can sync an UNLIMITED number of devices to an account. The 5 refers to computers that can share the same authorized account. (I don't know if Apple TV counts as a device or a computer) - but I have about 10 devices on 1 account - I have also confirmed this with Apple prior to buying my 6th device because I thought the same thing - no limit on devices, 5 computers with 1 authorized account.

Esskay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same question about Ipad and Ipod synch and want to be sure I understand. If I download a cd to the itunes on my pc, it will be available to me on my ipad and my ipod as long as I use the same account? (My concern has been doing something that would upset my current music library on the PC/I pod.
thanks,

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same question about Ipad and Ipod synch and want to be sure I understand. If I download a cd to the itunes on my pc, it will be available to me on my ipad and my ipod as long as I use the same account? (My concern has been doing something that would upset my current music library on the PC/I pod.
thanks,

The answer is yes. And better than yes, lets say that you have one device with redonkulous amounts of memory and another with more modest memory, you can tailor what syncs to each to match you needs or wants. For instance, I have 64GB iPad and 16GB iPod Touch. I sync everything I have to the iPad, but for the iPod touch, I do not sync photos because they hog room that the trusty little iPod touch just doesn't have.

skay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for you help to how I can transfer photos from PC to I pad 2. Any body can provide help?

Most reactions

Latest posts