What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad and Imac Tiger

rancherwillie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to the ipad specs my old imac on tiger is not compatible. Is that important since I will not be dumping files or photos from the imac.

On apple chat they told me if my itunes is current thats all that matters to buy books, music, movies etc.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks, willie

rtking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to the ipad specs my old imac on tiger is not compatible. Is that important since I will not be dumping files or photos from the imac.

On apple chat they told me if my itunes is current thats all that matters to buy books, music, movies etc.

Thanks, willie

Sorry Willie, but you're going to needto upgrade to OS X Leopard at a minimum.

I have Tiger on my Mac Mini and could not sync/activate even with the latest iTunes.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks, willie

Yes the answer is no. One option is to purchase a second hand later model that has Leopard on it or even a a low cost win 7 net computer (not my choice though) Regards Colin

OP
R

rancherwillie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tiger

I was afraid of that. I guess apple knew we would not buy the ipad if our current systems were not compatible. Not sure what we will do now that it means around 1500 bucks to get ipad plus leopard. Thanks for your input.

OP
R

rancherwillie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad/Imac OS Upgrade

Good news for my old tiger imac. For $99 I can get leopard 10.5.8 installed so my compatibility issue is solved.

Thank you all for your input...

willie

Most reactions

Latest posts