What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad And Connon eos file transfer?

kendo123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would it be possible to connect EOS 350D to ipad 2 to download pictures, need it for holidays or is there a better way ie seagate satalite etc will be on a cruise so laptop is out ipad is the only option as the amount of luggage i can have.
Also is there anyway to upload ebooks etc when on the cruise as i wont have the laptop with me.

Thank You

Sargon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should be possible to download pictures from your camera. There is apparently a cable you can buy but I am not sure whether you link it directly to your camera or whether the SD card plugs into it. I am sure you could find some more info with a bit of a search. As far as ebooks - there are several apps you can download that will link you directly to purveyors of books and many of them are free. I have wattbooks and it seems OK but only recently started using it and so far it functions well. Also go to the appstore and search for "free books"

Have fun on that cruise.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sargon said:
It should be possible to download pictures from your camera. There is apparently a cable you can buy but I am not sure whether you link it directly to your camera or whether the SD card plugs into it.

I think you mean the Camera Connection Kit. The OP can search the threads for more info, it gets discussed on a regular basis. My recommendation would be to make sure it's all working before you leave for your trip, that way no nasty surprises when something does not work as intended.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kendo123 said:
Would it be possible to connect EOS 350D to ipad 2 to download pictures, need it for holidays or is there a better way ie seagate satalite etc will be on a cruise so laptop is out ipad is the only option as the amount of luggage i can have.
Also is there anyway to upload ebooks etc when on the cruise as i wont have the laptop with me.

Thank You

Hello kendo123, as mentioned previously, you can connect your Cannon EOS 350D with a camera connection kit (CCK) directly to your iPad to download your photos to the iPad. This is very similar to using the cable that came with your camera to your laptop via USB. The CCK provides the USB connection for your iPad. You need to consider how much iPad storage you have.

You mentioned 'a better way ie Seagate Satellite'--I have that product, but it is the GoFlex version designed specifically for use with a tablet. This could possibly be a better alternative to downloading your photos from camera to GoFlex BUT you have to jailbreak the device in order to make it a two way device ie sending and receiving data to and from the iPad to the GoFlex. If that worked, then this would be a very good alternative. Otherwise, you may have to use an onboard computer (most ships have a PC room available), plug in your camera and transfer your photo to the GoFlex device, then you will be able to see your photos on the iPad. Whew! That seems like a lot of workarounds.

Wifi is available onboard, but it is very expensive and slow. When you are at sea, the ship uses satellite communications to provide this service. So most people wait until you get to port, find a wifi hotspot, hopefully free, and then start connecting. You need to consider if this is worth the effort, or plan ahead and download the ebooks at home.

Most reactions

Latest posts