What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air won't boot after Pangu iOS8.1

Kenilik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm having problems with my iPad Air after JB with Pangu on iOS 8.1. This is what I've done:
  • Backed up in latest iTunes
  • Restore to 8.1 using Pangu
  • JB with Pangu
  • Installed tweaks (activator Lockdown Pro iOS8, multiicon mover & openssh)
  • Restored backup from iTunes
The device appeared to be running OK with no problems. I rebooted a couple of times and no problems everything starts OK. Then a day or so later I rebooted and it gets stuck at the apple logo and wont start. I'm assuming one of the tweaks is causing a problem.

This is what I've tried to fix it without success:
  • Repeated the above process exactly (3 times now... something about the definition of insanity springs to mind!)
  • Repeated the above process using iTunes to restore to 8.1
  • Used TinyUmbrella to 'fix recovery' from DFU mode
  • Tried to kick into safe mode (holding home, power then vol up) It won't enter safe mode - the apple logo increases in brightness at the point I would expect the rest of the boot sequence to continue - but no safe mode and I'm stuck with the bright apple logo
Help... I'm getting desperate because I'm guessing the 8.1 signing window is going to close soon and I'll be stuck on 8.1.1 with no JB!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I may suggest - start over from the very beginning.

Download the appropriate IPSW file for iOS 8.1 from this link: http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-for-ipad.24939/

Then, put your iPad Air into DFU mode and, in iTunes, do the shift/restore method to put a fresh iOS 8.1 onto the iPad.

Then, restore from backup.

After that is done and you have a working iPad on stock iOS 8.1, then try the PanGu jailbreak tool.

See if that does any good...

Marilyn

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Alternatively, jailbreak it before you restore from your backup.

I just had to go through the same experience with an iPhone. DFU-restoring through iTunes worked for me.

Van SoNny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just upgrade to lastest version 8.1.2
I am experience with your problem,,not much you can do.
just upgrade to lastest,if you want JB,wait new tools..
tell me if you find problem to restore/upgrade..

Most reactions

Latest posts