What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad air case

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, I found some great deals on iPad Air cases. I got the RooCase Origami for under $5.00......hard shell rear with attached folding front Smart Cover. Then I found the clear rear shell for under $5.00 also. Both fit great but the clear case was a little high on the edge where I hold it. Both cases add weight and bulk of course. So............I have gone back to a naked iPad Air with just an Apple Smart Cover! I love the thin form and light weight! What's your experience with Air cases/covers?

Sent from my iPad Air using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, I found some great deals on iPad Air cases. I got the RooCase Origami for under $5.00......hard shell rear with attached folding front Smart Cover. Then I found the clear rear shell for under $5.00 also. Both fit great but the clear case was a little high on the edge where I hold it. Both cases add weight and bulk of course. So............I have gone back to a naked iPad Air with just an Apple Smart Cover! I love the thin form and light weight! What's your experience with Air cases/covers?

I still absolutely love my Maroo case, I love it so much that even though it's expensive I might get another, this time in Purple, A Christmas present from me to me :)

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still absolutely love my Maroo case, I love it so much that even though it's expensive I might get another, this time in Purple, A Christmas present from me to me :)

I can't live without the magnetic on/off cover feature! I had the leather Slickwrap on my iPad 2 with a Smart Cover. Never tried a folio case like the Maroo. It looks very nice though.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't live without the magnetic on/off cover feature! I had the leather Slickwrap on my iPad 2 with a Smart Cover. Never tried a folio case like the Maroo. It looks very nice though.

It doesn't bother me that it doesn't have the sleep function, it's so nice in every other way, I'm pretty sure I will buy this case for future iPads too.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me that it doesn't have the sleep function, it's so nice in every other way, I'm pretty sure I will buy this case for future iPads too.

Just took a look at that red Maroo case. It's stunning and so pleasing to the eye. I'll put that on my x-mas list
Will it stand in Portrait mode too?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just took a look at that red Maroo case. It's stunning and so pleasing to the eye. I'll put that on my x-mas list
Will it stand in Portrait mode too?

It really is gorgeous, top quality leather and beautifully made, you can stand it in portrait mode by just turning it on its end, I just hold it by the stand, perfectly comfortable to hold, I had no trouble choosing the Red as its my favourite colour but its equally gorgeous in the other colours.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It really is gorgeous, top quality leather and beautifully made, you can stand it in portrait mode by just turning it on its end, I just hold it by the stand, perfectly comfortable to hold, I had no trouble choosing the Red as its my favourite colour but its equally gorgeous in the other colours.

I like Red too and have had my Kindle with a red leather amazonkindle holder for years. It opens like a book and makes reading so easy. With the Air I just hold it while reading Kindle books. I did the same with my iPad 3.

That's why I ask about Portrait mode. Besides, Leather just looks and feels good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like Red too and have had my Kindle with a red leather amazonkindle holder for years. It opens like a book and makes reading so easy. With the Air I just hold it while reading Kindle books. I did the same with my iPad 3.

That's why I ask about Portrait mode. Besides, Leather just looks and feels good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes i always have a leather case for any device i have, i just have a thing for the look and feel of real leather, nothing else does it for me, If you do get a Maroo case i know you will love it, each time i pick mine up i admire it all over again.

theburgher

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Do the the Maroo SG Bumpers allow full access to the Power/Sleep button and headphone jack??

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do the the Maroo SG Bumpers allow full access to the Power/Sleep button and headphone jack??
Yes, the sides of Air is open, the only button that is covered is the on/off button, that is incorporated in the bumper, I found it a little stiff at first but no trouble turning on and off.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, the sides of Air is open, the only button that is covered is the on/off button, that is incorporated in the bumper, I found it a little stiff at first but no trouble turning on and off.

Okay, my daughter has been asking me for Christmas gift ideas. I just sent her a link to the Maroo brown leather iPad Air case. I'm trusting YOU, Ivy! LOL

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, my daughter has been asking me for Christmas gift ideas. I just sent her a link to the Maroo brown leather iPad Air case. I'm trusting YOU, Ivy! LOL

Noooo, don't believe anything i say lol.....It really is a lovely case, i am more than happy with mine, let us know what she thinks, she likes Brown does she?

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Noooo, don't believe anything i say lol.....It really is a lovely case, i am more than happy with mine, let us know what she thinks, she likes Brown does she?
No! It's for me, from her! I just wish it had the magnetic switch. Maybe I should wait? It looks like their other cases have it for the older iPads. I wonder why this one doesn't?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No! It's for me, from her! I just wish it had the magnetic switch. Maybe I should wait? It looks like their other cases have it for the older iPads. I wonder why this one doesn't?

Ah i see, I don't know if this is something that will be coming, you could always ask their customer services about that, I had the Leather smart cover on my iPad 2 with the sleep function but i have to say i don't really miss it.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes i always have a leather case for any device i have, i just have a thing for the look and feel of real leather, nothing else does it for me, If you do get a Maroo case i know you will love it, each time i pick mine up i admire it all over again.

I just ordered the Candy Red directly from Maroo. Shipping via USPS Priority with tracking is free and no tax!
Amazon has it too but there would be shipping charges plus tax.
Can't wait to get it...

Most reactions

Latest posts