What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad air case

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just ordered the Candy Red directly from Maroo. Shipping via USPS Priority with tracking is free and no tax!
Amazon has it too but there would be shipping charges plus tax. 
Can't wait to get it...

Sent from my iPad using iPF
Great, you're going to love it I'm sure, let us know what you think when it comes.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought the Fintie red hard shell case for $11.99, shipping included and am not unhappy at all with it. However I had been watching cases that are better for protection (especially the corners), light also and have a kickstand instead of the Apple cover style of folding for support. After 3 Ipads and another for my spouse and a variety of covers I knew what i wanted--as light as possible while giving reasonable protection, kickstand, auto off/on cover, comfortable in hand. I have an STM Grip 2 coming tomorrow or Tuesday and think this will be it. Only con is that it is heavily dark gray with a color accent. I would have preferred more color since i've had my fill of black or gray covers--and the aluminum of the logitech Ultrathin keyboard case.

mtv2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. i have my ipad air fit in a ipad 4 case by using 2 starbuck long straw and one short straw on both side. it may look not center but camera still able to work. i will post pic as soon as i can. i using roocase executive

budmonster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a Fintie SmartShell Case (grey/red) and also an Apple Shell Case (red). The Finitie case was great because of the price but I didn't like it because not a;l of the sides are protected. I attached a screenshot, you can see the Apple case, the arrow pointing to the the side protection. The Finite case doesn't have it that. Does anyone know of any cases similar to the Apple one that has that protection but that is also not as expensive? I'm looking for something like the Apple Shell case but with some more protection.

arrow.jpg

I just ordered the Speck StyleFolio Case and a Devicewear Slim iPad Air Case. I'm going to see how these hold up. I'm having a really hard time find the case I want. There are no stores around me that have cases in, Target, Best Buy, etc. have minimal cases, maybe 3 or 4. Amazon and online retailers have everything so its hard to pick one without holding it.

Last edited:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Budmonster, I believe the STMbag.com Grip 2 I ordered is protected on all sides. Also their Studio case. My Grip 2 should be here today so I will give feedback. I always end up buying cases online since our Best Buy never has cases I like--same as for my camera gear. Best bet is to buy where you can return without too much fuss. I, too, bought the Fintie and like it--its just TOO light on the corners for me to be happy--and as you say on the fourth side.

I have to admit i have never dropped my ipad and I've had one since the 2nd week of the Ipad One--but there's always a first time and the corners seem to be the most prone to danger.

budmonster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Budmonster, I believe the STMbag.com Grip 2 I ordered is protected on all sides. Also their Studio case. My Grip 2 should be here today so I will give feedback. I always end up buying cases online since our Best Buy never has cases I like--same as for my camera gear. Best bet is to buy where you can return without too much fuss. I, too, bought the Fintie and like it--its just TOO light on the corners for me to be happy--and as you say on the fourth side.

I have to admit i have never dropped my ipad and I've had one since the 2nd week of the Ipad One--but there's always a first time and the corners seem to be the most prone to danger.

I ordered the STM grip 2 also lol, it was like $30 from Amazon. It had no reviews though. Also the STM grip 2 only has an opening for one of the microphones, not both, hopefully I'm wrong. Anyways ill have a few to choose from. Fintie is refunded me which was nice of them.

Update: I cancelled the Speck Case due to it not having the sleep/wake feature.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great, you're going to love it I'm sure, let us know what you think when it comes.

Just got my beautiful candy red Maroo iPad Air case. It feels good, it smells good, it has a stylus holder, and it fits perfectly. I have been holding it in my hands ever since I installed it.

This is craftsmanship that one hardly sees anymore. Whoever designed and whoever makes these cases can be proud of their achievements.

It's so beautiful and functional that I'll get one for my relocated iPad 3rd generation that went to my daughter.

Sent from my iPad Air using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got my beautiful candy red Maroo iPad Air case. It feels good, it smells good, it has a stylus holder, and it fits perfectly. I have been holding it in my hands ever since I installed it.

This is craftsmanship that one hardly sees anymore. Whoever designed and whoever makes these cases can be proud of their achievements.

It's so beautiful and functional that I'll get one for my relocated iPad 3rd generation that went to my daughter.

Ah I knew you would love it, it's everything I said isn't it, beautifully made and a pleasure to hold and look at, attention to detail too, I may end with the Purple too :)

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ah I knew you would love it, it's everything I said isn't it, beautifully made and a pleasure to hold and look at, attention to detail too, I may end with the Purple too :)
I have to wait until Christmas....IF my daughter even gets me one.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I checked out the Maroo cases and they are very good looking but they state that they do not have the auto off/on cover for now. Hopefully they will and I was also unable to finid weight on their page, maybe the Amazon page gives specs. Budmonster, not sure what you mean by "second mic"--maybe dock port??--but STM Grip 2 has accessiblity to all ports and buttons. I bought based on a friend who has the original Grip for her Mini and likes it. We've both been through a bunch of cases over the years and decided we wanted light, basic (no keyboards, etc), stable viewing and reasonable protection, Everyone has their own criteria but since the Air is so light, that was one thing that i wanted to maintain.

Lots of ipad Air cases being made available for the holidays so I don't think there will be any shortage of cases now. Just as always though, the majority of them in my area and probably most areas except the largest cities, will be by online shopping though so reviews of those people buy and like is still a good idea.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score

image-1731445006.jpg

What do you make of that? I sent an email to them asking why the magnetic feature shows on the wrapping holding the case. We'll see what they have to say. All their cases for earlier models do.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 50880

What do you make of that? I sent an email to them asking why the magnetic feature shows on the wrapping holding the case. We'll see what they have to say. All their cases for earlier models do.

I just looked at mine and theres no mention of a magnetic feature, that is strange.

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got the email from Otterbox that the Defender Case is now shipping for the iPad Air. I ordered mine and will upload photos when it arrives.

Most reactions