What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cases and keyboards (question and rant)

Hobby welder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, apple is ripping peeps off with the new smart case for air if you ask me. $50 for iPad 2-4, $80 for the AIR smart case! Plus you can't get the polyurethane case it seems. I'm actually allergic to leather (go figure:rolleyes:), and I use my iPad 2-6 hrs at a time due to work and school, my hands will have swollen by that point.
Plus leather seems to wear out faster than the latter

One of a few questions: can the leather be engraved?

Is any other company making wrap around cases for the iPad air yet? What about keyboards?

Any help appreciated!

Qwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use no case on my iPad3 and will not on the iPad Air, ruins the beauty, size and lightness adding anything on it imho

OP
H

Hobby welder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use no case on my iPad3 and will not on the iPad Air, ruins the beauty, size and lightness adding anything on it imho

Well, that's of no help there bud.

I do agree it ruins it but I do travel a lot and things get beat up. Having a case and keyboard makes life way easier for me.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For my ipad mini, I have a back shell and a Smart Cover that works with it. Got it off eBay and it works great without adding bulk or cover the bezel.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, apple is ripping peeps off with the new smart case for air if you ask me. $50 for iPad 2-4, $80 for the AIR smart case! Plus you can't get the polyurethane case it seems. I'm actually allergic to leather (go figure:rolleyes:), and I use my iPad 2-6 hrs at a time due to work and school, my hands will have swollen by that point.
Plus leather seems to wear out faster than the latter

One of a few questions: can the leather be engraved?

Is any other company making wrap around cases for the iPad air yet? What about keyboards?

Any help appreciated!

80.00 for the new smart case, WOW?????

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Griffin will never disappoint in keeping up with the accessory market as well. Their products aren't that bad actually though I tend to lean towards Logitech and InvisiShield products for my iOS devices since they've left the strongest impressions through experience. This one's pretty similar to the Belkin with a bit shaved off in terms of pricing

iPad Air Keyboard Case | Slim Keyboard Folio | Griffin Technology

OP
H

Hobby welder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard good and bad about griffin, never had a chance to use them before.

I'll certainly look Into it.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had an ipad since the first week of ipad one and have an ipad 3 64GB 3G now, so have tried a lot of cases. I used and actually liked the original rubbery Apple cover for the Ipad one even though I had two other covers. I have a Targus case for the Three, a Logitech ultra thin keyboard case and have a silicone clear back and a cover like Apple Smart Cover but cheap from Amazon--and works fine. I like all of them, use them interchangeably. But this time, since size, weight are such a big issue I am looking for a very light but safeguarding case. I want two or three viewing/typing angles, auto off/on cover. One I am looking at is the STM Grip 2. The Apple case and cover aren't under consideration. I've been using my Targus (vue something) for several days and its actually just perfect--simple and strong enough but it is heavier than I want and I also don't want fabric. Since I have an Apple BT keyboard with an SFBag lightweight sleeve I will carry this when traveling and at home when I write a lot (relatively often) but I can also touch type fairly fast on the screen so have learned that a simple light weight case is all I need.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts