What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad air case

outeast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking at three rotating cases on Amazon (Finte, Ionic, and Khomo) thinking that the "rotating" feature would come in handy. The prices are pretty close and the cases look almost identical. Some of the reviews on all three state that the tablet won't stay upright in the provided grooves. This is my first Ipad and my questions are: is having the case "rotate" a worthwhile feature and are there any decent looking cases that hold the Ipad securely in the grooves. Thanks in advance for any guidance....

mesue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
geekintheforest.com
I'm looking at three rotating cases on Amazon (Finte, Ionic, and Khomo) thinking that the "rotating" feature would come in handy.

My sister has one like that for her iPad mini and she says it does not stay secure in the grooves. Personally, I don't like how the cover sticks out from the bottom when you're using it as a stand. Have you looked at the origami cases? I think they are a better design, but it's all a matter of preference.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the rooCase slimshell origami from Amazon for $10 to tide me over until Native Union comes out with a redesigned Gripster. It hasn't shipped yet so for now I am using the Smart Cover, which should be compatible with Gripster if/when it comes out. I prefer a case that easily converts to a stand for portrait and landscape. The rooCase fits the bill, but does not offer as many adjustments as the Gripster. Come ON, Native Union... Hurry up!

That's the one I have on order for $4.99. Can't beat that price! I ordered it before I even got the Air when I saw it for .01 plus shipping. LOL

Sent from my iPad Air using iPF

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yesterday I received a Fintie SmartShell Case for Apple iPad Air. It cost $.01 plus $4.99 for delivery. (Amazon) It covers the whole iPad and has the smart cover to wake the iPad when it is opened. Fit is fine. It just snaps in. Very light and looks fine. Plus for 5 bucks it's perfect for while I look around for the "perfect" case.

I actually went with the Fintie soft or folio case and just got it yesterday. I really like it and it was under ten bucks to my door. Hard to beat that. It folds and sits securely at any angle which was my main concern. I tried a few expensive cases and was rather disappointed in both of them.

outeast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. The reviews on the Roo Origami look good and it looks like I can get it to stand in portrait or landscape without slipping out of the grooves as with the cases I mentioned. Looks like the winner....Thanks again!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the look of Roo cases but the postage to the UK on Amazon make it far too expensive.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm looking at three rotating cases on Amazon (Finte, Ionic, and Khomo) thinking that the "rotating" feature would come in handy. The prices are pretty close and the cases look almost identical. Some of the reviews on all three state that the tablet won't stay upright in the provided grooves. This is my first Ipad and my questions are: is having the case "rotate" a worthwhile feature and are there any decent looking cases that hold the Ipad securely in the grooves. Thanks in advance for any guidance....

I just recently took delivery of the Fintie case and really like it so far. It stands the device in several different co figs and they all hold well and feel stable. It's made decently too. Of course, well so it holds up but so far for ten bucks I'm smitten with it.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just received the RooCase Origami for iPad Air. I must admit I am pleasantly surprised! The slim fit rear shell fits perfectly and has a nice matt feel to it. The folding front cover in PU leather is nicely finished and works the sleep/wake function perfectly. I can't believe I paid $39 for an Apple Smart Cover and $.01 plus shipping for the Roo! A smart person would return the Smart Cover. LOL

Sent from my iPad Air using iPF

mesue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
geekintheforest.com
I just received the RooCase Origami for iPad Air. I must admit I am pleasantly surprised! The slim fit rear shell fits perfectly and has a nice matt feel to it. The folding front cover in PU leather is nicely finished and works the sleep/wake function perfectly. I can't believe I paid $39 for an Apple Smart Cover and $.01 plus shipping for the Roo! A smart person would return the Smart Cover. LOL

I know, right? I did the same thing. But didn't order until it was $5 plus shipping. I noticed today it is up to $15 but qualifies for prime. Mine just shipped today. Glad to hear you found it better than expected. This Smart Cover is sure not secure, but it beats nothing, so I am glad I've had it this past week.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really want to pull the trigger on a Portenzo Alano case! I've wanted one for a while but knew I was going to be getting the new iPad Air so I have held off. Now that the slim and light weight iPad Air is in my hands I'm scared this case will add too much. I've got the dimensions of the case: 9.2 ounces, 7.25" wide x 10" long x .75" thick. Too much?

budmonster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can some please recommend a good Air case for me? I first purchased a Griffin Survivor Case. I figured I'd get this one because my son uses my iPad and I don't need him to break it, he uses it a lot. This case does cover everything up but is just too bulky and makes really heavy for him to carry around. I just returned it and picked up a iPad Air Smart Case which is Apples most protective one, I'll use it until I can find a permanent one. I'm looking for something simliar to the Apple Smart Case but $50-60 bucks cheaper, $80 is insane. I'm just worried about the glass getting scratched, he plays with his Telepods. The Survivor Case had this flimsy plastic protector, but crap still got under it and sometimes you had press hard on the touch screen. Has anyone bought any of these cases off of Amazon, some are really cheap but have got great reviews:
- Fintie SmartShell Case $8.99
- Poetic Slimline Case $9.95
- MoKo Apple iPad Air Case $17.99

So any ideas for me would be appreciated. Thanks.

kschles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using the Devicewear Ridge for about a week, and really like it:Amazon.com: Devicewear Slim iPad Air Case the Ridge with Six Position Flip Stand, Magnetic, and On/Off Switch - Black (RDG-IPA-BLK): Computers & Accessories

It's quite slim. Fits really well. Folds back nicely when using in portrait or landscape, and has 6 different viewing angles. It does weigh 7.75 oz, so a bit of added weight. But after a couple of days, I really didn't notice, and the Air does still feel pretty light.

Dlh1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the Fintie case today. Fits nicely and does the job well. Great price at $5 plus shipping.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Photo on 17-11-2013 at 10.13.jpgPhoto on 17-11-2013 at 10.15.jpgPhoto on 17-11-2013 at 10.15 #3.jpgPhoto on 17-11-2013 at 10.14.jpgPhoto on 17-11-2013 at 10.15 #2.jpgHere is my iPad Air case- This is a Maroo case, It can be found on Amazon.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts