What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air 2 Ram issue

subtones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad Air 2 gets sluggish fairly quickly so I got an app that checks current ram that's in use / free, and noticed that even after a shutdown and restart, about 1200 megs are in use with just the ram check app alone open. Surely the operating system wouldn't use over a gig of ram.
I've done all the usual suggestions like deleting Safari and Google history, close all the apps and holding down the power and start buttons etc. But I still only end up with about 800 free megs and once I open a couple of apps it's almost maxed out.
I do have a lot of apps, do they eat up ram when they're not even in use? Or could my Gmail and Google calendar etc be hogging ram even when closed?
Or could it be something else like my music transcription app running in the background even after a fresh start?
It's 64 gigs, lots of disk space left.

Last edited:

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To assist comparison, what app are you using for the ram check?

Most reactions