What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any suggestions for crashes adter upgrading to iOS 5?

marksites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having pretty much any sizeable app (browsers, FB, YouTube, etc.) crash after doing very little. Loading images and vids frequently max out the clogged RAM. I can't even scan through half a day's worth of FB postings without crashing several times. I have a couple of utilities to free up RAM (which quickly gets appallingly low), but of course clearing RAM also closes open apps, so you can't really clear RAM proactively.

Any tips or suggestions?

Gixer7502

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forget about using apps to free up ram and let the OS take care of it for a start!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried reseting the iPad. This often helps after an upgrade.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
M

marksites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gixer7502 said:
Forget about using apps to free up ram and let the OS take care of it for a start!!!

Well if the OS would free up the RAM I wouldn't be using an app to do that, would I?

OP
M

marksites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Have you tried reseting the iPad. This often helps after an upgrade.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't even think of that. It did help. FB lasted much longer before crashing, and I actually got to watch a Tosh.0 vid, which was never working.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
marksites said:
Thanks for the tip. I didn't even think of that. It did help. FB lasted much longer before crashing, and I actually got to watch a Tosh.0 vid, which was never working.

Well, I guess that is better than nothing. :)

Most reactions