What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 4 preorders

Macewindu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi has anybody who preordered the ipad 4 ,checked its delivery status , mine is still showing "prepared for shipping " now if as I'm assuming its coming from China , then they're cutting it fine for a 2nd of November delivery I'm in the uk by the way

Last edited:
OP
Macewindu

Macewindu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Macewindu said:
Hi has anybody who preordered the ipad 4 ,checked its delivery status , mine is still showing "prepared for shipping " now if as I'm assuming its coming from China , then they're cutting it fine for a 2nd of November delivery

staticmap

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Today is tuesday. They can ship from China to any place in the world in two days.

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine still shows "Preparing for shipping". I ordered at about 12:10 am on the 26th. I ordered several accessories at the same time. They have all shipped from China. They are taking 2-3 days to get here. First delivered today. Like AQ_OC says, it's only two days from there to anywhere in the US unless you are way out in the boonies or in the Sandy mess back east. I would guess the UK is similar.

Last edited:

asemmi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Macewindu said:
Hi has anybody who preordered the ipad 4 ,checked its delivery status , mine is still showing "prepared for shipping " now if as I'm assuming its coming from China , then they're cutting it fine for a 2nd of November delivery I'm in the uk by the way

I'm in the exact same boat. Apparently, I read somewhere that the apple site is slow to upload and although it states 'prepared for shipment' -
It has more often than not already been shipped.
The frustrating thing is, there isn't any tacking info do we can track out parcel.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine says "preparing for shipment"......"Delivers 11/2"
I think I'm just a big kid.............I'm getting anxious! :D

Whoever gets shipment information on a iPad 4 preorder please post it here ASAP.

Last edited:

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I expect the orders due to deliver on 11/2 will update by morning in the US to show that they've shipped. That's been the pattern with the accessories they've already shipped to me.

UPDATE:
Still no change in shipping info at 7:00 am MDT. (Still says "Preparing for shipment") Hopefully it shipped and like assemi said, the site is just slow to update.

Last edited:
OP
Macewindu

Macewindu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine now shipped via UPS to the uk complete with tracking number although not working at this time !

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I called Apple order support for giggles.........
They said state-side iPad 4 orders will come from within the USA, not from China.
Time will tell if he's accurate...........still no movement on my order status.

He did say I will get my iPad 4 on Nov 2 for sure. :D

OP
Macewindu

Macewindu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the uk so I'm only assuming that its coming from China , my last one did , I don't know whether they have stock here in UK apparently mine says it was shipped on the 27 th so they are pretty slow at updating their website

artdudley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is my understanding that companies will not charge your credit card until the item ships. I believe this is a requirement for VISA and Master Cards. If that is true and your card has been charged, most likely the item has shipped.

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My credit card was charged yesterday but as I write this it still says Preparing for Shipping on my Apple account. I took Friday off so I hope I'm not disappointed with a failure to deliver. This is the first time I have placed an order for the first day of delivery. I don't remember all these inquiries with the iPad 3.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My credit card was charged yesterday but as I write this it still says Preparing for Shipping on my Apple account. I took Friday off so I hope I'm not disappointed with a failure to deliver. This is the first time I have placed an order for the first day of delivery. I don't remember all these inquiries with the iPad 3.

Ditto here...
Got Friday off also, not especially for the iPad though. But with a signed delivery required it should work out good, I hope.
My card was charged on Monday Oct 29 but as you mention status is unchanged @ the Apple store.

Customer service was useless.....they said the same status as it said at the online store.

artdudley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, this is what I think. I have no facts to support this, but it would be something I would do under similar circumstances. I’m pretty sure your iPads were shipped the day your credit card was charged, and Apple is intentionally withholding status. These shipments must be timed so they don’t arrive prior to Nov. 2nd’s release date. So shipments may sit in hub locations for a few days. This is what happened to me during March’s release early this year. I remember my iPad3 being stuck in Memphis (I think?) for a couple days. When iPads are stuck in faraway places, customers get nervous and start calling shipping companies. I believe Apple is withholding information at the request of shipping companies so these companies are not overwhelmed with phone calls. Just my two cents worth.

Most reactions