What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3rd Geberation March 2012

Mikeyyy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again,
I'm still getting mixed messages as to wether my iPad 3 will work over 4g when EE coverage comes to north east before Xmas. ?
Apple store say no,
Apple helpline say yes
EE assistant says yes
And

OP
Mikeyyy1

Mikeyyy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sounds positive, 4G comes to my home city of Newcastle upon Tyne just before Christmas.
I've just got a new iPhone 5 which is 4G ready, so hopefully that will work here at Christmas,
However on the iPhone 5 it does state the date 4G LTE, where on my Ipad 3 it states only 3G with no mention of LTE anywhere.
I've spoken to my operator Orange who say one moment yes it will work with the new 4g, and then told by another assistant at orange it won't work as it has different frequencies. My local apple store says no, and the apple helpline assistant reassures me it will work over 4G ?
Wouldn't you think someone would know for sure )

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad 3G wil work out side of USA on 4 g networks but not at the 4 g speed. because they use a different network. The 4th generation iPad will be 3 versions world wide of 4g to cover the different 4g networks around the world. Same as iPhone 5. The version for Australia and Britain will support LTE 4g in those counties hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts