What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Apple Plan to Release Full HD iPad 3 in March and iPad 4 in October?

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_display.JPG

According to a report on 9to5 Mac, Digitimes is still sticking to its guns regarding the prospect of Apple releasing two iPads this year. According to today’s story, Digitimes is saying that according to its sources in Taiwan, Apple is planning to release an “iPad 3†in March, with a full HD screen, and will then follow this up with an “iPad 4†in October. Apparently the sources say that the iPad 3 will have a QXGA display of 1,536 x 2,048 pixels, and enhanced battery life, but that generally speaking, the iPad 3’s specs will be unchanged from the iPad 2. The iPad 4, according to Digitimes, will then be launched in October, and will have “killer applicationsâ€, with upgraded hardware galore, and integrated applications that will be able to compete with any Android, Wintel or WoA tablets that might emerge in 2012. Both tablets will be unchanged in size (9.7-inch).

The rumour that Apple will release an iPad 3 in March and lower the price of the iPad 2 to $399 is also supported by another story on 9to5 Mac which reports on the views of Jeremy Horwitz of iLounge, who says that he has heard from reliable sources that the next iPad will have much better cameras, with a FaceTime HD camera on the front and a front camera comparable with the iPhone 4 and 4S camera. He also supported previous reports that the iPad 3 will be slightly thicker to incorporate the new components. Although Horwitz says that the iPad 3 will be released in March, he makes no mention of an iPad 4 coming in October.

Source: Report: Apple to launch ‘full HD’ iPad 3 in March, followed by iPad 4 in October | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess by 2013 we will be on iPad 25!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess by 2013 we will be on iPad 25!!! By design to get our $$$. ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is2 iPads plausible unless one is a mini. Apple has never released two consecutive models of anything in one year.

bookdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maura said:
According to a report on 9to5 Mac, Digitimes is still sticking to its guns regarding the prospect of Apple releasing two iPads this year. According to today’s story, Digitimes is saying that according to its sources in Taiwan, Apple is planning to release an “iPad 3” in March, with a full HD screen, and will then follow this up with an “iPad 4” in October. Apparently the sources say that the iPad 3 will have a QXGA display of 1,536 x 2,048 pixels, and enhanced battery life, but that generally speaking, the iPad 3’s specs will be unchanged from the iPad 2. The iPad 4, according to Digitimes, will then be launched in October, and will have “killer applications”, with upgraded hardware galore, and integrated applications that will be able to compete with any Android, Wintel or WoA tablets that might emerge in 2012. Both tablets will be unchanged in size (9.7-inch).

The rumour that Apple will release an iPad 3 in March and lower the price of the iPad 2 to $399 is also supported by another story on 9to5 Mac which reports on the views of Jeremy Horwitz of iLounge, who says that he has heard from reliable sources that the next iPad will have much better cameras, with a FaceTime HD camera on the front and a front camera comparable with the iPhone 4 and 4S camera. He also supported previous reports that the iPad 3 will be slightly thicker to incorporate the new components. Although Horwitz says that the iPad 3 will be released in March, he makes no mention of an iPad 4 coming in October.

Source: Report: Apple to launch ‘full HD’ iPad 3 in March, followed by iPad 4 in October | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

The iPad 2 is so great that I can't see room for serious improvement unless for some reason one wants a HD or better camera ( which I don't use).

Sent from my iPad using iPF

hrflossy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
Why is2 iPads plausible unless one is a mini. Apple has never released two consecutive models of anything in one year.

I was thinking the same thing!!! Apple never releases competing product that close to one another.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Never going to happen. They are still selling 150,000 iPads a day. What possible business case could be made to cause consumers to wait for anything other than the annual update. If they started releasing two a year, how many of us would skip every other update who buy annually today?

Most reactions

Latest posts