What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just want an iPhone 5. My iPad 2 will suffice until well beyond the iPad 3. I plan to get a i1 16gb 3G for my car before they run out. Other than that, I'm in shape. I kinda dont want iOS 5 before iPhone 5. I'm betting for iPhone 5 by June.

Prayer to Steve Jobs:
Please don't let hold up iPhone 5
I fear I may just break in hives.
Please don't let magic pass me by
I want to upgrade my 3G before it dies

Let the forum say AAAAA-MENNNNN

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rumors swirled after the announcment and before the launch of the iPad 2 that the third iteration of the iPad could be coming sooner than we previously anticipated. The buzz was drowned out in excitment over the iPad 2 launch, but now the dust is begining to settle and I am begining to see more talk, especially in these forums--scattered pieces of speculation concerning the "iPad 3."

If we see a third iPad by this holiday season:

-What are your general thoughts?
-Is it fair to consumers buying (and currently waiting for) the iPad 2 (such as myself)
-Is it a smart move for Apple as a company?

IMO -- A third gen release of the iPad this year would be an inexcusable, low blow by Apple. They would be slapping their core customers in the face. A third gen iPad would need massive improvments over the second iPad merley to justify its exitence. By that I mean it would need a retina display, massive memory upgrade for the standard model, and a damn good camera upgrade. That's just for starters. If Apple is capable of such upgrades in the next upcoming months then they should have delayed the launch of iPad 2. It is not as if Apple is trying to develop some new revolutionary technology. All of the componets expected in iPad 3 already exist in other devices. I can't speak for anyone else, but I can say that Apple would lose at least one loyal customer.

iPad 3 waiting in the wings? « CanoeTech Blog

I read thru the CanoeTech Blog ... IMHO he had no clue what iPad2 upgrade included or what it's potential could be. It is newspaper grade reporting with just superficial surface comments. He chose to believe the Geek like hype of the Android/Xoom community of let's have a product that can changed, tweaked, customized (Like MS offers)... with all the conventional legacy ports. Then he speculates that Apple needs Ipad3 to keep up with the competition. What Compeittion? You have my views in depth technically above.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just want an iPhone 5. My iPad 2 will suffice until well beyond the iPad 3. I plan to get a i1 16gb 3G for my car before they run out. Other than that, I'm in shape. I kinda dont want iOS 5 before iPhone 5. I'm betting for iPhone 5 by June.

Prayer to Steve Jobs:
Please don't let hold up iPhone 5
I fear I may just break in hives.
Please don't let magic pass me by
I want to upgrade my 3G before it dies

Let the forum say AAAAA-MENNNNN
AAAAAAMMMMEN brother! :)

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything I've been reading lately is saying that there won't be an iphone5 before September.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
It does sound vaguely familiar.

I remember it. It was done b4 the iPad 2 came out. I believe C-4 closed it cause we were speculating on ipad3 releases before anything official on ipad2 was released yet. Lol. Ipad2 is out now so it's expected to have talks on next generation ;-)

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

lombardi3g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like jealousy - I bought an iPad2 and would not mind seeing an iPad3 tomorrow. On the day I ordered the iPad2 it had terrific feature and I accepted the price.

DevinB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like others here I think iPad 3 will be available about a year from now as well. However it's like any I.T. purchase...if you need it and can use it now, buy it now. If not, wait. The great thing about Apple products is that they hold their value better than almost anything (computers or otherwise) so there will be a market for a used iPad. Bottom line? Don't over think it or you'll make yourself crazy.

If it helps, a cue as to what might happen may be found in the recent 2011 WWDC announcement...or lack thereof. Everyone expected the iPhone 5 to be announced at this year's event. Speculation now is that it may be delayed until late 2011 or even not until 2012. Is that to avoid the fuss that Verizon customers that just bought an iPhone 4 might make? Supply issues? 4G/LTE? Possibly. Who knows though?

With respect to second guessing Apple...my shares of APPL couldn't be happier. (Caution, past performance does not guarantee future earnings. :D )

I have a lot of fun reading speculations and rumors about Apple products...it's always exciting. My wife on the other hand may one day hurt herself from extended eye-rolling from how often I talk about it. ;)

I completely agree with all of this, down to the wife with eye-strain - I can't stop talking about an iPhone 5 on Verizon with LTE... Drool. However...

Steve Jobs said this was the year of the iPad 2. What if they just make a few minor upgrades and release one this fall/Christmas called the iPad 2HD? Get the retina display screen, upgrade the cameras, slap HD on the name and sell it? It wouldn't be enough to call it iPad 3, but an upgrade big enough to separate it from the 2? IF (a big if) Apple releases something new this fall, I could see it being something along these lines.

Most reactions

Latest posts