What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 by end of the year is bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikapp168

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my opinion, if apple releases another iPad at the end of the year, it would be a bad thing. The reason why is because they are launching one now, and people are going to buy it. If they release a new one those people will get pissed and it could hurt apple's reputation.

They make and release products on a yearly basis. I think they should keep it that way. I know if I spend $700 on a iPad 2, then and they come out with the iPad 3 in a few months then, I'll be pissed. It would definitely make me consider investing in apple in the future.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
correct, especailly as Apple say 2011 is the year of the ipad 2. So, where are your fears comming from? so certain are you. Dont worry yourself. And, who cares? Apple aren't stupid, and whatever they do, they're in a better position to decide their own destiny than we are :)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on what they offer and how they do it. I would think that just a higher res screen and maybe an SD slot would not be considered a major change, but could be a major factor in the competion for holiday shopping. While most would appreciate those two items, I doubt that there are too many owners that would upgrade just for those items. And it could be that Apple will bring the next one out in November. That is nine months away. Is the iPad important enough to sustain high sales in the spring? That is probably a hard time for most people financially. The holiday bills have come in, and taxes are the big crunch. The big issue is how it would affect the iPods if they do a fall intro? Ipods are a big items for Christmas, especially for the kids. I know that every year, I get asked to buy one because I know how to get the best buys.

What will make the final determination will be the competition and logistics.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've never understood that attitude, and it's usually pointed at Apple more than any other company. I buy for what a product does now.

Heck, every tech product I've ever bought was out of date within a few months of getting it, with the possible exception of Apple, when I just happened to buy something right when they released it.

I bought a first generation iPod on a Friday, and that Saturday they released the next one. I did try to cancel my order and get the new one, but I never blamed Apple, or got pissed off. My iPod did exactly what I payed for, and easily lasted me the year and a half before I bought my next one.

Companies are always coming out with something new. It's what they do, have to do, to stay competitive. Buy what fits your needs and don't worry about what's coming. There will almost always be something out there better than what you have, if not immediately, then in a month or two.

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no idea where people are getting info from people saying an iPad 3 this year. Same people who said iOS 5 was coming with the iPad 2.... I laughed in people's faces who told me that lol. People are expecting more and more and more, and technology just isnt cheap enough for all of this revolutionary makeovers to take place yet

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no idea where people are getting info from people saying an iPad 3 this year. Same people who said iOS 5 was coming with the iPad 2.... I laughed in people's faces who told me that lol. People are expecting more and more and more, and technology just isnt cheap enough for all of this revolutionary makeovers to take place yet

A very reputable and reliable tech source ( 1 man) who predicted the iphone 4 release b4 it came out, started this. He said ipad2 will be incremental release and apple actually gearing up for a MAJOR overhaul with ipad3 and could be released possibly b4 end of year. It was just him speculating but when he does, he has always been rifht on the money b4. I think he is some techy oriental guy who all the tech sites listen to when he predicts somethin coming out. I forgot his name.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I've never understood that attitude, and it's usually pointed at Apple more than any other company. I buy for what a product does now. Heck, every tech product I've ever bought was out of date within a few months of getting it, with the possible exception of Apple, when I just happened to buy something right when they released it.

Sometimes people take it almost... personally, that Apple somehow have it in for them. I also fail to see the logic in blaming a company for releasing an updated version of a product even if it's too close together (in the world of technology, is six months 'too close'?)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If they do release another variant it will be an alternative option rather than an replacement.
Commercial logic would suggest the best way to exploit a gap in the market is to provide a range of products. A home iPad, a Business/Professional iPad and even a high end iPad with a larger screen for graphics users.
PC's and Laptops are sold as ranges, why not tablets?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they do release another variant it will be an alternative option rather than an replacement.
Commercial logic would suggest the best way to exploit a gap in the market is to provide a range of products. A home iPad, a Business/Professional iPad and even a high end iPad with a larger screen for graphics users.
PC's and Laptops are sold as ranges, why not tablets?

Apple does not move that way. They make one product for everyone, and always have. They make a range of computers and other devices, but look at the iPhone, the only difference is the memory you pay for. Microsoft makes several different software packages, but Apple never does. They make one computer OS and that is all. The same way with all of their products. Go to Dell, HP, and all of them. They will offer several models and almost every component is an add-on. The only add-ons with any Apple product is RAM, memory, or processor, and there is a limited selection of those options. There are five choices of laptops, two iMac models, the Mac Mini, and the Mac Pro. You cannot change the number and kind of slots, You do not have to worry about demo copies of programs that clutter the system and cannot be easily removed. And you do not have to worry about stripped down OS that does very little until you upgrade.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I predicted the iPhone 3 and iPhone 4. There will be no new iPad until next March.

dogenia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now thats what I'm talking about. A December/January release of V3 would be great, I wonder how soon it would be before it would be readily available at all the outlets? Maybe mid February/March?

God bless Apple, I hope to play some with the V2 next week at the Southbeach Apple store.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score

A very reputable and reliable tech source ( 1 man) who predicted the iphone 4 release b4 it came out, started this. He said ipad2 will be incremental release and apple actually gearing up for a MAJOR overhaul with ipad3 and could be released possibly b4 end of year. It was just him speculating but when he does, he has always been rifht on the money b4. I think he is some techy oriental guy who all the tech sites listen to when he predicts somethin coming out. I forgot his name.

I know who you are talking about. He is some like 17 year old kid on YouTube.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just accept the fact that apple follows a update path for most of the products around the same time each year so one should expect the next upgrade around Feb march 2012

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
Just accept the fact that apple follows a update path for most of the products around the same time each year so one should expect the next upgrade around Feb march 2012

Really! I don't know why people are even considering apple releasing an iPad 3 in december. Ridiculous.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a bit stupid the iPad 2 is not released and already users are predicting ipad 3 release date later this year. The ONLY person whom knows when is Steve Jobs, I think he works for at a company called Apple.

Time to close the thread

This thread is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts