What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 display issue

Tristan Heard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I all, received my new iPad 3 Friday and booted it up but I notice some times on the display I have lots and I mean lots of little dashes/lines on the display. This does not happen all the time but I notice it a fair bit, does anyone else have this problem?

At first I thought it was rain on the initial standard wall paper but then I noticed it happening during Apps. Trying to ring Apple normally means holding for over 10 mins so trying to wait until its less busy.

All in all loving the new pad

Lyndon23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tristan, I did a little bit of digging around on other forums re new ipad faults etc., don't remember seeing anyone reporting your specific problem. I also love this 3rd gen ipad, but I'm afraid that unless I get a perfect unit in exchange for my 660 perfect pounds (£ UK) that I paid, then it's going to be returned for a replacement every time, until I'm 100% happy.

OP
Tristan Heard

Tristan Heard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lyndon23 said:
Hi Tristan, I did a little bit of digging around on other forums re new ipad faults etc., don't remember seeing anyone reporting your specific problem. I also love this 3rd gen ipad, but I'm afraid that unless I get a perfect unit in exchange for my 660 perfect pounds (£ UK) that I paid, then it's going to be returned for a replacement every time, until I'm 100% happy.

Hi thanks for digging around, yes I completely agree with you about getting a replacement and it being perfect, it's a he'll of a lot of money I went for the cheaper option of the 16gb wifi model only as it was my first iPad. Good luck let me know how you get on, I will also be speaking to Apple, luckily I had the insight to take a screen shot of what it's doing so I can email it to them.

OP
Tristan Heard

Tristan Heard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another pic of my issue, this time I took a pic of my screen with my htc phone

Attachments

• image-2822361571.jpg
    image-2822361571.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 511

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is a bad address bus issue. The failure is actually in the chip that is driving the display. Time for a new one!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm...that does not look good, Tristan. I agree with Skull One, take it back.

OP
Tristan Heard

Tristan Heard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks skullone and skimonkey, I spoke to Apple who suggested a restore which I did prior to taking that photo. I will be contacting them again, to be fair they were very helpful and have suggested replacing it if it did not rectify the problem.

writerranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks skullone and skimonkey, I spoke to Apple who suggested a restore which I did prior to taking that photo. I will be contacting them again, to be fair they were very helpful and have suggested replacing it if it did not rectify the problem.

That's one thing about Apple...if you have problems, they take care of you. Period.

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tristan Heard said:

Tristan, I would save a little time and energy and swap it out.

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
grouchomarx said:
Holy cow, Skull, are you a hardware designer or QA guy? How in the world do you know it is an address bus problem?

Electronic repair tech actually. Trained by the USAF back in 86.

ChasityParker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do i delete all the contacts on the new ipad without having to delete them manually one by one

OP
Tristan Heard

Tristan Heard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skull One said:
Electronic repair tech actually. Trained by the USAF back in 86.

Thanks Skull One, I've spoken to apple and it's being replaced but I either have to travel 30miles to nearest Apple store or wait forever and a day for them to pick it up and then send out a replacement. Luckily I will be in the same area as the Apple store next week surveying 2 data centres so its worked out pretty well. Thanks again for the heads up though

Most reactions

Latest posts