What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 display issue

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Skull One, I've spoken to apple and it's being replaced but I either have to travel 30miles to nearest Apple store or wait forever and a day for them to pick it up and then send out a replacement. Luckily I will be in the same area as the Apple store next week surveying 2 data centres so its worked out pretty well. Thanks again for the heads up though

I am glad to hear Apple realizes that this particular issue warrants an immediate swap out. You might want to go ahead and schedule a "Genius Bar" appointment for that day so you can make sure they have one reserved for you. While inventory levels are not as decimated as the iPad 2, they are still very tight.

OP
Tristan Heard

Tristan Heard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skull One said:
I am glad to hear Apple realizes that this particular issue warrants an immediate swap out. You might want to go ahead and schedule a "Genius Bar" appointment for that day so you can make sure they have one reserved for you. While inventory levels are not as decimated as the iPad 2, they are still very tight.

I just spoke to the apple store but they can't reserve one for me! Apparently I have to call on the day to get an idea of their current stock holding, which is stupid as I told them I live a fair bit away and it's only because I will be in the area that day that I am able to call in to the store!

Seems a bit silly if Apple have said THEY are willing to replace it the nearest store that I have booked an appointment to take my iPad into can't put one by for me!!! Apparently they want to diagnose the problem, and as I told them, it has a faulty display and I'm not happy to accept this product as I deem it defective!

Oh well I will call them and see what happens on the day, luckily I have photos of the issue as I know it will be sods law that I take my iPad in and they don't see what the problem is!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts