What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2

notegirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi...I'm new to this sort of thing but thought your posts were good and I've tried following your advice.
I am a user of imac, ibook an iphone4 and now the ipad2....yes I know I just love gizmos it's either that or buying shoes!!
However, using my ipad2 yesterday (only had it for two weeks and love it) the apps such as safari, mail, itunes, apps store, mail etc won't open, they flick on briefly but won't engage.....however, my mail is still loading, just can't open it.... However, apps like weatherpro and shazam are ok.......I have tried Tim's delete from homebutton and then start again. I've tried the homebutton,wake double button approach....Safari briefly worked as did ipod, but now they've stopped again......I can't access the apps store either to re install.....
It 'just' happened as I was opening a piece of mail......Help please.....I need to crack this!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - just to be clear......

You've switched completely off by pressing and holding the Power button until the slider appears and that didn't fix the problem.

Reboot - press and hold the Power and Home buttons until the White Apple logo appears.....

That didn't work either?

Tim

OP
N

notegirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry it's taken a while to reply......tried all things that you were suggesting from the threads....however found the thing that worked in the end was...... from the computer that you use to connect to iTunes.....download ALL updates and make sure that you
have the latest operating system. Then go onto iTunes and restore your iPad as it was new (making sure that you have a back up of your stuff). Once you have your iPad back.... your safari, mail etc will work....then put back in your apps and your back in ...
Hope this helps anyone with my problem....it's worked for me.....
Thank you for all your help....it's a great place to learn.....

Most reactions

Latest posts