What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2

OP
F

ferr5175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once I update my phone after jailbreak I lose the jailbreak don't I?

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Irish Rose said:
True, if you switch to the tethering plan with AT&T, you would lose your unlimited data plan. However, you lose nothing by jailbreaking and using the PDANet app. There is a switch that you can turn on in that app, that hides the fact that you are tethering with your iPhone.

Why do you not want to jailbreak?

Because I don't want to accidentally damage my phone, plus I won't be able to update anymore if I jailbreak.

Jailbreak does not damage your iPhone and you most certainly can update your iPhones OS when an update is available. I've updated my jailbroken iPhone 4 about 3 times already without any issues at all. You also can still sync your jailbroken iPhone via iTunes as well.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can undo the jailbreak at anything by restoring the phone or iPad and you will be stock again, just as new. You will always be able to upgrade.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
F

ferr5175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iFrog said:
You can undo the jailbreak at anything by restoring the phone or iPad and you will be stock again, just as new. You will always be able to upgrade.

Thanks! I didn't know that. I was told something else.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once I update my phone after jailbreak I lose the jailbreak don't I?

Yes you do. However, there is usually another jailbreak right behind the new iOS version so there is no worries there. Also, just because a new iOS version is available doesn't mean you have to jump on it. You can always stay jailbroken on the old version until a jailbreak becomes available for the new iOS version and then update and re-jailbreak.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iFrog said:

Thanks! I didn't know that. I was told something else.

See? Are you not glad you found us?

Could you do me another favor? When you take out a thread, try NOT to change the topic that you want to discuss. It makes it hard for us to know where to put your thread.

You are definitely making me earn my pay in the last 30 min!:D

I moved THIS thread to our Hacking Section. Remember, title your threads specifically.:)

OP
F

ferr5175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
See? Are you not glad you found us?

Could you do me another favor? When you take out a thread, try NOT to change the topic that you want to discuss. It makes it hard for us to know where to put your thread.

You are definitely making me earn my pay in the last 30 min!:D

I moved THIS thread to our Hacking Section. Remember, title your threads specifically.:)

Ok!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We pay Marie in kindness as she is worth a million dollars to us. Can't afford her pink hand bags pink dresses pink hats and pink lambolgini Lol.
No we do not get paid all of us moderate and assist forum users because we love doing it. Tim gets scottish eggs for his help.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
col.bris said:
We pay Marie in kindness as she is worth a million dollars to us. Can't afford her pink hand bags pink dresses pink hats and pink lambolgini Lol.
No we do not get paid all of us moderate and assist forum users because we love doing it. Tim gets scottish eggs for his help.

Please ensure that Marie get paid well so she can buy new door handles for the Lamborghini if they get broken... Lol

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I need a pic of a pink lambolgini! Thank you, Colin.:eek:

Please ensure that Marie get paid well so she can buy new door handles for the Lamborghini if they get broken... Lol

Still broken, too.:(

Most reactions

Latest posts