What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Users In The UK

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
It's just data mangement all! In the old day's we had 20MB (yes MB) hard drives. try managing data with that, we thought it was great.....Mixing desks were the size of a small house, and mainframe computers had air-condtioned, "Clean" rooms and the drives were the size of a top loading washing machine.

worryingly I remember all of those!

The Archangel

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
worryingly I remember all of those!

The Archangel

Glad about that too, remember when 4mb of ram was when all your geeky mates came to see you? And when I installed 8 mb well, I got invited to parties I"d made it :) :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Now you two boys are sounding geeky now! I'm the same age but i didn't go into it to that degree! I remember floppy's and cassettes and such but that's it. I couldn't tell you what brand they were.

Floppy's and cassettes, pah! That's kids stuff, try data inputting into a computer the size of a modern apartment by tapping out punch cards!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, geekie, you've made your point!. It's probably why computers didn't interest me, I was out enjoying myself!

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Okay, geekie, you've made your point!. It's probably why computers didn't interest me, I was out enjoying myself!

You don't have to be geeky to enjoy. Just ask us geeks for help, ( we actually like it you know)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know it! I love you guys!. You are my lifesavers and don't forget if I have problems with my iPhone 4 tomorrow, you guys will know it!

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I know it! I love you guys!. You are my lifesavers and don't forget if I have problems with my iPhone 4 tomorrow, you guys will know it!

Waiting ! :))

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know what you mean.....I was hanging on for iPhone 5 but now I'm thinking, to hell with it, I may just get an iPhone 4 anyway and give my old iPhone to my son.

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go for it! I thought the same but it's got all I need plus a better camera so giving hubby my 3GS is a no brainer! Yes, 5 will be possibly 8 megapixels and faster.... Bleh, bleh, who cares. I love my 3GS but I want both of us on iPhones so he can see all my emoji's 

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I know what you mean.....I was hanging on for iPhone 5 but now I'm thinking, to hell with it, I may just get an iPhone 4 anyway and give my old iPhone to my son.

The Archangel

They are always grateful, my iPad 1 went to a mates daughter, she is over the moon. Just make sure he pays his own bill, you know all about the bank of mum and dad

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
my kids are both on PAYG and that's the end of it! I control it!

No you mean YOU pay for it? Mum, I've run out of credit and you know I'm going to that party tonight? :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, so true but luckily my little one loves her iPod touch more than her phone and big one earns now, but my hubby hasn't quite got the hang of saying no to my kids!

Most reactions

Latest posts