What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 smart cover is horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nancehall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys.. Thank you so much for this information. I just bought my first laptop last week. And now I already have an idea about that smart cover. So definitely I will never buy one.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just gonna put this out there, if anyone has a smart cover that they want to get rid of, I'm happy to buy it off of you. I would prefer the blue... :)

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SingingSabre said:
I'm just gonna put this out there, if anyone has a smart cover that they want to get rid of, I'm happy to buy it off of you. I would prefer the blue... :)

Likewise, except I'm looking for a gray one.

Mark29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"... it dosen't even protect the back of the ipad..."

I'm always surprised when I read a complaint like this. Do people really not look over something before spending money for it? It's very clear from ads and photos that it is just a cover for the screen.

Mark

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mark29 said:
I'm always surprised when I read a complaint like this. Do people really not look over something before spending money for it? It's very clear from ads and photos that it is just a cover for the screen.

Mark

This.

It's the difference between a helmet and a mask, a helmet covers the entire head, a mask just the face. My fencing coach drilled it into our heads that a fencing mask was a mask and was extraordinarily quick to correct us when we called it a helmet.

A smart cover is a cover. It is not a case. It is appropriately named, described, and advertised. If it were called the "smart case" then I could understand the disappointment and anger people have. As it stands, though, the comments I've seen people makes me wonder if they don't think a product's name applies to the actual product.

Shorts don't cover your calves, vests don't cover your arms, and covers go on top of things.

Mr.Yuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"... it dosen't even protect the back of the ipad..."

Mark

Agree 100%!
It was obvious to me before I ordered it what it would and wouldn't do. Thought about a case to protect the whole thing, but really don't like cases.
Like my orange cover so far.

OP
tremblayd

tremblayd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mark29 said:

Mark

I know its a cover. I'm saying that its pricey for just a cover

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Apple dont sell it or make out it's anything more than the ads. It does what it says on the tin PERFECTLY. why are you complaining?

The only possible complaint possible is about price, which itself is subjective depending on one's means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts