What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard-Shell Back cases that work with smart Cover!

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do hardcover shells scratch the iPad back?

I only used one for an iPod and the back is completely scratched, worse then if it where without a case. It seems dust comes in and ruins the back. Has anyone experiences with iPad cases in this regard?
I've been using the XGear back cover now for about a week, and doing a little travelling around with it as well. No issues thus far.

gusplus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the Boxwave sleeve. It fits the iPad 2 like a glove and it's designed to work with the Smart Cover.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the Boxwave sleeve. It fits the iPad 2 like a glove and it's designed to work with the Smart Cover.
Well, the eBay back cover is $12. The Boxwave is $30, but does offer a choice of colors. If you just want a clear back, then I think the eBay model at $12 is a no-brainer. ;)

Even though the XGear back I got is nice, I don't like the XGear logo that's on the back of it. Nice that the eBay version is free of such logos. :)

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rambler358 said:
Well, the eBay back cover is $12. The Boxwave is $30, but does offer a choice of colors. If you just want a clear back, then I think the eBay model at $12 is a no-brainer. ;)

Even though the XGear back I got is nice, I don't like the XGear logo that's on the back of it. Nice that the eBay version is free of such logos. :)

Yep yep no logo ! As for scratches u can always put a skin on it off eBay for $10 n it'll still be sub 30 I recommend the clear one got my old man a black one. Looks decent but I think the clear one would compliment the iPad better and it'll def look better with any skins should you choose that option.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got the eBay clear iPad 2 back cover. For less than $12 this thing rocks, and I like it better than my $30 XGear cover! No sharp edges, more protection, no logo and doesn't have the corners split. Also, my XGear cover had the the tolerances too tight for the smart cover, where it caused the smart cover to lay slightly higher on the screen - no such issue with the eBay back cover.

The only downside to the eBay cover, was the packaging it was shipped in - just a plastic envelope. But mine shipped from NJ to CA, and there were no issues. Just something to be aware of. The Apple Smart Cover with the eBay back cover is my iPad's daily protection now. 

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

tibob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pics!! does the eBay hard cover have a lip that could raise the smart cover when closed? also link please.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just got the eBay clear iPad 2 back cover. For less than $12 this thing rocks, and I like it better than my $30 XGear cover! No sharp edges, more protection, no logo and doesn't have the corners split. Also, my XGear cover had the the tolerances too tight for the smart cover, where it caused the smart cover to lay slightly higher on the screen - no such issue with the eBay back cover.

The only downside to the eBay cover, was the packaging it was shipped in - just a plastic envelope. But mine shipped from NJ to CA, and there were no issues. Just something to be aware of. The Apple Smart Cover with the eBay back cover is my iPad's daily protection now. 

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Thanks for the confirmation. I just paid $40+ for the SmartFit2 and am somewhat dazzled by how it has transformed the look and feel of my iPad. I have a buddy that doesn't quite feel like going for it at this price so I will send her the link to the one on eBay which looks surprisingly similar.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks to the comments on this thread pointing out the SmartFit2.

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tibob said:
pics!! does the eBay hard cover have a lip that could raise the smart cover when closed? also link please.

There is a lip on the tpu cases as they are designed to wrap around the bezel there is no lip for the hard cases.

tibob

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received my Smartfit2 and it is perfect. Very thing yet durable. The big thing that stood out to me was its fitting on the ipad and no sharp plastic edges, an issue i have had with cheap overs for electronics.

I also really like the logo and its placement.

Most reactions