What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 smart cover is horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezilent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like mine it was a gift though , I have a belkin snap shield on the back and a pouch to put it in I just use it for stand or cover I have no issues and love mine :) thought I would hate it

Last edited:

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like mine...I have cream and red leather with an incase mag snap for the back that has magnets to lock it down when open.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the black leather for $69 and love it.
Have owned it since day one, when I picked up my iPad 2 on initial release day.
Not a flaw to it. Not damaged to date in any way. Looks like new therefore no complaints.

I then fell in love with and bought the red leather also for $69. I alternate between the two but use the black more often.

Goes to show, either dumb is a word that qualifies me or there are just different strokes for different folks. Will try to work myself up to hate them also as many have but no promises though.;)

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Blue Poly from day 1 and really love it. Any stains can be wiped of with a damp cloth easily. It is very well made as well.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
tremblayd

tremblayd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
charlyee said:
I have the Blue Poly from day 1 and really love it. Any stains can be wiped of with a damp cloth easily. It is very well made as well.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

The stains on the smart cover magnet do not come off 

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hated the fact that it offered no protection to anything other than the screen, no drop protection at all

That's because it's a cover not a case. Not fair to bash it for something it never claimed to do. I have the Grey smart cover and a grey Switcheasy CoverBuddy and I like them both alot. The only drawback to the smart cover in my opinion is when it is folded up for say watching a movie in landscape mode, it stands too upright... it needs to have more of an angle to it so it can lean back a little more. As for the switcheasy coverbuddy the only draw back is the lighter colors will show dirt dirt on the back and appear kind of stained but I bought it for protection and it does the job.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tomster said:
I love my grey smart cover

If I get one, that's the color I will get too. Hate the girly ones and leather is a waste.

Bruce2233

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problems with my cover, it does as advertised, it protects the glass which is the main reason I bought it. I wish I had gotten the orange cover however, as I went with the green one. Anyone possibly interested in swapping a clean new green for the same in orange? Postal costs are the only expense involved and trust must be there that the swap is done by both parties. How to verify is an issue but maybe if interested, it can be worked out. I am in eastern Canada.

OP
tremblayd

tremblayd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bruce2233 said:
No problems with my cover, it does as advertised, it protects the glass which is the main reason I bought it. I wish I had gotten the orange cover however, as I went with the green one. Anyone possibly interested in swapping a clean new green for the same in orange? Postal costs are the only expense involved and trust must be there that the swap is done by both parties. How to verify is an issue but maybe if interested, it can be worked out. I am in eastern Canada.

Hey, I have an orange one and I live in quebec. I was actually looking to buy a green one !!!!

Bruce2233

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in Newfoundland. My Ipad and cover are less than 2 months old and my cover is in perfect condition. If your interested, we can exchange photos of the covers and I can check out mailing costs on my end and you can do the same if you want. Your cover is in good shape? No coffee stains, etc? How old is it? If you want to take the next step, email me a photo or 2 of the cover to: [email protected]
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts