What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 - Problem w/Belfry Tweak

NOKIA0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently installed belfry to my jailbroken ipad 2 (5,1,1) but when i rebooted the springboard was broken, my iPad seems to think it's an iphone :/ the lock screen looks like the one on the iphone, i can flip the ipad and the icons are the same size as the icons on the iphone.

I have tried to unistall belfry, but it does not work. I can fix it by respringing 1-5 times, i want to fix it because it's really annoying.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I recently installed belfry to my jailbroken ipad 2 (5,1,1) but when i rebooted the springboard was broken, my iPad seems to think it's an iphone :/ the lock screen looks like the one on the iphone, i can flip the ipad and the icons are the same size as the icons on the iphone.

I have tried to unistall belfry, but it does not work. I can fix it by respringing 1-5 times, i want to fix it because it's really annoying.

That behavior you see is the result of installing something on the iPad that is incompatible with the iPad or the iOS you're running (or both). So, the thing to do is to uninstall the latest tweak you put on - in your case, you already know which one...

Are you saying that you can't uninstall the tweak from Cydia? Because that's the best way to take off a tweak from Cydia - go through Cydia to get it uninstalled properly (so that all stray bits of code are also cleaned up). Unfortunately, if you didn't get the tweak from Cydia, you probably won't be able to properly uninstall it. In which case, the only thing I can recommend is to restore and then re-jailbreak the iPad...

As a side note, it states right in the tweak's description on Cydia that Belfry is only compatible with iOS 5.0 and 5.1 (it won't ever be supported on iOS 5.1), so may I suggest that once you get it off, don't put it back on your iOS 5.1.1-running iPad2. And, then - carefully read each tweak's description in Cydia to make sure it's going to work on an iPad or your iOS.

Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

OP
N

NOKIA0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That behavior you see is the result of installing something on the iPad that is incompatible with the iPad or the iOS you're running (or both). So, the thing to do is to uninstall the latest tweak you put on - in your case, you already know which one...

Are you saying that you can't uninstall the tweak from Cydia? Because that's the best way to take off a tweak from Cydia - go through Cydia to get it uninstalled properly (so that all stray bits of code are also cleaned up). Unfortunately, if you didn't get the tweak from Cydia, you probably won't be able to properly uninstall it. In which case, the only thing I can recommend is to restore and then re-jailbreak the iPad...

As a side note, it states right in the tweak's description on Cydia that Belfry is only compatible with iOS 5.0 and 5.1 (it won't ever be supported on iOS 5.1), so may I suggest that once you get it off, don't put it back on your iOS 5.1.1-running iPad2. And, then - carefully read each tweak's description in Cydia to make sure it's going to work on an iPad or your iOS.

Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

I have uninstalled belfry, but i have no idea about how to remove the remaining code.

Most reactions

Latest posts