What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking problems

Nibbsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I recently got an iPad and jailbroke it straight away (mainly for the multi-tasking) using Jailbreakme. I've had iPhones before but this is the first time I've jailbroken, and I'm having a few problems. So I was wondering if you might be able to help. My problems are:

1. Cydia app icons have disappeared from the home screen. This happened suddenly last night, one by one all of my Cydia apps (Cydia, Installous, Backgrounder, Circuitous, CategoriesSB) icons disappeared. They are still installed as I can find and run them from the search, but the icons have gone. Has this happened to anyone else? I've tried resetting and respringing etc but they don't come back.

2. When I synced with iTunes for the first time, none of my installous apps were transferred to iTunes and all were deleted from the iPad. I've got Appsync installed and set Installous to 'sync with iTunes', then said yes when iTunes asked if I wanted to transfer purchases, but it still deleted them. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Any help much appreciated!

OP
N

Nibbsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I've found the answer to the first one, looks like putting the Categories App in a category is a bad idea - somehow that was causing all of the apps in that category to be hidden.

Would still love some help with the second one though!

dale600rr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Discussing the second question is against the rules of this forum and is illegal. No help from this forum on that...

OP
N

Nibbsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok no worries, apologies for the rule-break.

Most reactions

Latest posts