What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 JB.. Working/non working cydia apps

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have MobileTerminal (version 520-1) installed on my iOS 4.3.3 iPad1. It works great. I got it straight from Cydia's home page, where Jay Freeman (saurik) tells you how to use it to change your root password.

Follow this path on Cydia:
Cydia [home] > Root Password How-To > MobileTerminal Package > Modify [button] > Install [button]

Happy hacking!

Marilyn

Ghostislav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, how could u install sbsettings on ipad 2 4.3.3?

i always get
depends

libhide>=2.0.6-4
sbsettingstoggle >=3.0.5
iOS Firmware <4.0
libactivator >=1.3.2

no chance to install sbsettings :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got SBSettings installed right away.

Oh wait, I installed Activator first, the iPad did a respring (or maybe reboot ... I forget) and then I went and installed SBSettings.

Try it that way?

Marilyn

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have MobileTerminal (version 520-1) installed on my iOS 4.3.3 iPad1. It works great. I got it straight from Cydia's home page, where Jay Freeman (saurik) tells you how to use it to change your root password.

Follow this path on Cydia:
Cydia [home] > Root Password How-To > MobileTerminal Package > Modify [button] > Install [button]

Happy hacking!

Marilyn

Hmmmm....which voodoo dance did you do to make it work?....the app opens and then immediately closes on me...and after a reboot.

Ghostislav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got it! thx

mobile substrate need to be installed, then he found biggboss source, activator installed, sb settings installed, working fine!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....which voodoo dance did you do to make it work?....the app opens and then immediately closes on me...and after a reboot.

Huh. That is weird. Cause, before I posted I (1) went to Cydia to verify the path (and my Modify button shows reinstall ... plus I have the green check mark in the Installed tab on Cydia). And, (2) I opened Mobile Terminal on my iPad, got the prompt and the keyboard.

I have no explanation for this, sorry. Maybe a delete/reinstall ... ?

Marilyn

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for being off topic but I don't wanna start a thread for a quick question, with this being a full userland jailbreak, am I able to use the erase all content and settings to restore if needed or is it still a dfu restore with iTunes? Thanks

Ilikeapps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question..Cant seem to get change carrier to work? I have Wifi Ipad does this matter?
This is the first app I installed to test it out and its not doing anything?
TY

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ilikeapps said:
Question..Cant seem to get change carrier to work? I have Wifi Ipad does this matter?
This is the first app I installed to test it out and its not doing anything?
TY

Try fakeCarrier
Change carrier only works on earlier firmware....

Most reactions

Latest posts