What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 JB.. Working/non working cydia apps

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps it is just not compatible then? I've never tried, but if you've done the right thing, it maybe isn't.

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
What is "retina display"? If you mean RetinaPad, then the crash releating to Winterboard has been proven time and time again to be the fact that folks are using Pirated copies. The paid version works perfectly and this is confirmed by me and every other legitimate owner of the paid version we have come across on this site.

Read my sig, and Dont be a Pirate...

I thought by your post that you had it working being the iPad 2 working/not working thread and you saying it works perfectly

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
arbor53 said:
I thought by your post that you had it working being the iPad 2 working/not working thread and you saying it works perfectly

RetinaPad works with all the iPhone apps I own and want to run on my iPad1 and iPad2 in 2X mode. I own Angry Birds HD, and so have never tried the iPhone Angry Birds game with RetinaPad. I can't guarantee what apps it works with and what apps it does not, since I don't own every iPhone4 retina enabled app ever created.

Attached is the description of the app from Cydia. I encourage EVERYONE to read these very carefully before you purchase an item. In this case it tells you that it works with MOST, but not ALL, apps and games.

Sorry that Angry Birds would appear to be one of the ones that is not supported, but the application works as advertised and designed as far as I am concerned, and so I stand by my comments.

Attachments

• image-1542037859.png
    image-1542037859.png
    94 KB · Views: 313

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
RetinaPad works with all the iPhone apps I own and want to run on my iPad1 and iPad2 in 2X mode. I own Angry Birds HD, and so have never tried the iPhone Angry Birds game with RetinaPad. I can't guarantee what apps it works with and what apps it does not, since I don't own every iPhone4 retina enabled app ever created.

Attached is the description of the app from Cydia. I encourage EVERYONE to read these very carefully before you purchase an item. In this case it tells you that it works with MOST, but not ALL, apps and games.

Sorry that Angry Birds would appear to be one of the ones that is not supported, but the application works as advertised and designed as far as I am concerned, and so I stand by my comments.

Ok, cool I misunderstood what you were saying, I have tried other iPhone apps, angry birds was just my example, ( I mentioned briefly in my other post ) i own the hd version to it was just the first one i tested on retinapad ,but I just can't seem to get it going, or maybe it is working and it's just me tripping out, either way thanks for your help mate

Last edited:

spajdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just for curiosity i tried Retinapad on my Ipad and it didnt work (Angry Birds Lite), although with Fullforce screen looked like im running HD version (Retina).

Rivus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installed psx4all.. And it runs awfully. After the smoothness of my iPod touch this is just a torture. Apart from being laggy, I also have this "beautiful" stripe-effect
Code:
yfrog.com/ki3lkxj

*sorry, my post count is too low to upload files or send links

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Installed psx4all.. And it runs awfully. After the smoothness of my iPod touch this is just a torture. Apart from being laggy, I also have this "beautiful" stripe-effect
Code:
yfrog.com/ki3lkxj

*sorry, my post count is too low to upload files or send links

Well, you need to remember it has not been designed for your iPad2. It has a completely different chipset. Emulators rely on having a good mapping between different hardware platforms.
Best you can do is wait for an update from the developer. Remember, none of the JB developers have had their hands on a JB iPad2 until this week... Updates will come from many developers over the coming days, weeks, and months, although there is no guarantee as to who is working on what!

jarell162

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RetinaPad works. I've only tested on one iPhone/iPod app so far though (FourSquare).
Do you have winterboard install when ur retinapad is installed? if yes, i need help cuz retinapad keeps crashing when i have winterboard installed.. if no, ok

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jarell162 said:
Do you have winterboard install when ur retinapad is installed? if yes, i need help cuz retinapad keeps crashing when i have winterboard installed.. if no, ok

That's probably because you are not using the legitimate version. The pirated / cracked version of RetinaPad clashes with winterboard. The official paid version does not. Don't be a Pirate!

jarell162

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jarell162 said:

That's probably because you are not using the legitimate version. The pirated / cracked version of RetinaPad clashes with winterboard. The official paid version does not. Don't be a Pirate!

I dont have paypal or anything..

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I feel for you, but not having a way to pay for something doesn't mean you steal it. We have an firm anti-piracy stance on this forum. Please read the links in my sig. If you discuss piracy or seek help on using pirated apps on the forum we will have no choice but to issue infractions and then a ban. OK?

Bottom line is don't be a pirate! And you won't get a cracked copy of RetinaPad to work as it is supposed to, as lots of other pirates have found out.

jarell162

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I feel for you, but not having a way to pay for something doesn't mean you steal it. We have an firm anti-piracy stance on this forum. Please read the links in my sig. If you discuss piracy or seek help on using pirated apps on the forum we will have no choice but to issue infractions and then a ban. OK?

Bottom line is don't be a pirate! And you won't get a cracked copy of RetinaPad to work as it is supposed to, as lots of other pirates have found out.

Welp, gotta recharge my paypal again.. .__.

Most reactions

Latest posts