What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippermcnipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do u any chance know how to jailbreak a ipad 2 version 4.3.3. I u could help it would be awsome

Last edited by a moderator:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chippermcnipper said:
Could you tell me a website to go to to get my ipad2 jailbrocken

Guess what this whole 41 page thread is about? How there is no jailbreak for iPad 2!

Unrelated;
It is kinda creepy to have me as my avatar. I think I will change it.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
I think what I am gonna do is just purchase an iPad 2 and keep the iPad 1st gen that I have and see what happens. To sell my old one for one that will most likely never get jailbroken is a waste of time. If the new iPad 2 ever gets jailbroken to the newest firmware I will sell my old one..nothing wrong with having two iPads in the house :) I have tried finding an iPad 2 that has 4.3 on it and its impossible..if anyone knows ANY stores that sell them please let me know

Your best bet of getting one at a store is to go to those authorized retail stores, not the apple retail stores. For example, a college campus computer store that sells iPads authorized by apple. I got mine one month after the iPad 2 release, it was on 4.3. If not, Internet is your best bet

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your best bet of getting one at a store is to go to those authorized retail stores, not the apple retail stores. For example, a college campus computer store that sells iPads authorized by apple. I got mine one month after the iPad 2 release, it was on 4.3. If not, Internet is your best bet

The man has a point. My daughter just told me that Sac State is about to start selling the iPad2, at the book store.

Go for it.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
I think what I am gonna do is just purchase an iPad 2 and keep the iPad 1st gen that I have and see what happens. To sell my old one for one that will most likely never get jailbroken is a waste of time. If the new iPad 2 ever gets jailbroken to the newest firmware I will sell my old one..nothing wrong with having two iPads in the house :) I have tried finding an iPad 2 that has 4.3 on it and its impossible..if anyone knows ANY stores that sell them please let me know

I live pretty close to UCLA I could try giving them a call I doubt they would have iPad 2's from April release..I can understand why some schools would have them with 4.3 a month after release but 2 months later..I doubt it but I guess its worth a shot.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only problem is I don't think there is anyway to tell the firmware by the box and when you power it on all you're going to get is the connection symbol. I think they will need the shipping manifest to try and be able to match them up as of to when they got them in and I'd be surprised if they went through that much trouble.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only problem is I don't think there is anyway to tell the firmware by the box and when you power it on all you're going to get is the connection symbol. I think they will need the shipping manifest to try and be able to match them up as of to when they got them in and I'd be surprised if they went through that much trouble.

or... you know, ask someone when they activate their ipad in the shop

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Macmall.com is an authorized apple dealer..and it says on their site that they will ship the iPad 2 in 4 weeks..I guess its safe to assume theirs will NOT be 4.3..WOW 4 weeks screw that..I mind as well just order a brand new one from apple and hope for the best as far as the 4.3.3 jailbreak is concerned

pipboy2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dilemma

Man, i am in a dilemma. I ordered my girl friend an ipad 2 the day it came out and she is still on the 4.3 firmware, and i got mine a bit after and it has 4.3.3. I almost want to ask to trade me, but i would feel to bad doing that. :p

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man, i am in a dilemma. I ordered my girl friend an ipad 2 the day it came out and she is still on the 4.3 firmware, and i got mine a bit after and it has 4.3.3. I almost want to ask to trade me, but i would feel to bad doing that. :p

Just hope that the impending jailbreak can work with 4.3.3..I just ordered my iPad 2 from the apple store online. I wasn't going to go on some goose chase for the small chance of finding one with 4.3..I'll take my chances..and hope that they release a 4.3.3 jailbreak

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pipboy2 said:
I do feel for you, I bought my one and my wife's one on the same day (release in Australia) just so I can avoid this, let's just wait and see maybe a jb will be released for all iOS but at this stage it doesn't look promising.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
do they take ur ipads when u go for replacement? or they let u keep them until the replacement arrives?

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do they take ur ipads when u go for replacement? or they let u keep them until the replacement arrives?

My experience is that if you go into an Apple store, they replace it right there and you walk out of the store with a replacement. When you send it in through the mail, you must send it back first. I sent back an iPod one time and I think it took 2-3 days to get another one from the time I sent my old one back, which was extremely fast.

It might not be the same in India though. I don't know if Apple uses camels to deliver mail there or what

(just kidding)

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score

My experience is that if you go into an Apple store, they replace it right there and you walk out of the store with a replacement. When you send it in through the mail, you must send it back first. I sent back an iPod one time and I think it took 2-3 days to get another one from the time I sent my old one back, which was extremely fast.

It might not be the same in India though. I don't know if Apple uses camels to deliver mail there or what

(just kidding)

Haha:):)
Oh man you made my day:)

In India they use elephants and not camels :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions