What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4lvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kevbo said:
So if we don't see anything by the 19th, can we agree to stop talking about/unfollow the offenders and make them struggle for relevance? I guess that would be hard to do since others rely on them for iPhone/iPad1 JBs. I'd love it for a group of Chinese hackers to come up with one out of no where and put them to shame for messing around. I would put a Chinese flag in my front yard.

I can't agree with you and the other gentleman earlier regarding these hackers toying with us. Someone new will come out with an A5 JB and please put away their little escalators and stairs or whatever you want to call it games away. Or simply put they aren't GOOD ENOUGH.....

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kevbo said:
So if we don't see anything by the 19th, can we agree to stop talking about/unfollow the offenders and make them struggle for relevance? I guess that would be hard to do since others rely on them for iPhone/iPad1 JBs. I'd love it for a group of Chinese hackers to come up with one out of no where and put them to shame for messing around. I would put a Chinese flag in my front yard.

I can't agree with you and the other gentleman earlier regarding these hackers toying with us. Someone new will come out with an A5 JB and please put away their little escalators and stairs or whatever you want to call it games away. Or simply put they aren't GOOD ENOUGH.....

well... i0nic proved to us that he IS good enough by his recent exploit with 4.3.1-4.3.3, that's the reason why everyone believed him that he had an actual ipad 2 jb. if some random person tweeted/announced that he/she had an ipad 2 jb, most will be skeptical, if not all.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, with this probability of coming jb, should I upgrade my ipad or not? My version is 4.3

it seems like the jb that will come out supports 4.3+ so im guessing its okay to update as long as you saved ur SHSH blobs (just in case). There's no harm for staying at 4.3 though, there werent any major updates from 4.3.1 - 4.3.3

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My 2cents.

I'm quite new here and iPad2 is my first Apple device. I don't know much about hackers, groups, teams, members, the hacking process.

But what I can see I can already compare to Xbox hack'ing case (As we know xbox hacking makes it able to play game backups).

To compare both:
Hackers: In xbox case there's just one person in the world who makes and releases hacked firmware (of course with the help of a team). iPad2 - many hackers and really it's hard to understand who's just joking and who's real.

Process: In xbox case we always know that particular person is working on that. iPad2 - nobody knows anything. Just rumors, anger, bloggers who write about the stuff they don't know... no real information.

Status: We don't have ETA for xbox hacking. But developers gives updates (c4eva Speaks! | automated irc logs, updated instantly whenever and wherever c4eva speaks). At least we know the status. iPad2 - no information at all. Sometimes we're getting ETA for xbox firmware (for instance: new firmware in 1 week or 48 hours). And they deliver hacked firmware as promised. iPad2 Scene - no ETA, no status, no....

The list can be long.
I don't know why there's so little information about iPad2 jailbreak? Competition? The result of more hackers working on it?

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from Bullka, and commend you on what was a well reasoned argument, unlike much of the other rubbish which goes about on the subject...

I think your Xbox 360 analogy is more akin to the situation where you would expect exactly the same level of performance and announcement of ETA from the dev you mentioned shortly ( a few months) after a complete hardware refresh of the XBOX was released. You simply wouldn't. Or actually, millions of people probably would, completely unreasonably.

I remind everyone that this was posted by the dev-team on their blog several weeks ago...

iPad2 update: The iPad2 jailbreak remains under development. As you may know, the original exploit @comex developed in the first week of the iPad2 release was mysteriously fixed by Apple within days of its development. Partly because of this, don’t expect much public discussion of the iPad2 jailbreak until it’s actually finished and ready for release (and please avoid asking about it). In all liklihood, it will be a userland exploit like the first (unreleased) one, not dependent on bootrom dumps. The first one can’t be released even for those with the original 4.3 firmware due to legal (distribution) reasons.

That is an open transparent statement from one of the main teams of hackers... It seems perfectly reasonable to me. The current hysteria was not created by i0n1c. It was created by the idiots that read and then wholly misinterpret his twitter stream. Is that i0n1c's fault? And do you know what? If you don't like what he or anyone else is saying, just don't read his twitter! Simple.

If you don't agree, that's fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I have reasonable skills in both ARM and x86 assembly language and I am still not even worthy to stand in these guys shadows when it comes to development of a jailbreak. I challenge everyone to go out and learn to do this stuff yourself... Prove me wrong.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More to show that the ELEVATOR stuff is NOT JB-speak...

i0n1c Stefan Esser
I think my iPad 2 will not be shipped today although the Apple store still claims it will be shipped today.

He still doesn't have one, so unless he's been using someone else's iPad2...

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to be schooled. Is the difficulty in jibing the iPad 2 a result of hardware or software issues?

Can some one educate me as to why its possible to jb on iPad 1 and iPhone 4 running 4.3.3 but not iPad 2. Just from deductive reasoning I am inclined to say it's a hardware issue? But my reasoning has proven me wrong in numerous occasions lol

The reason iPad1 is jailbroken easily is we have a hardware exploit in the A4 which we can use (the limera1n exploit). This cannot ever be patched in existing devices by Apple, because it is in the hardware.

The reason iPad2 is not jailbroken yet is we have not yet identified a hardware exploit for the A5. It is more challenging this time because of extra security measures which Apple have deployed on the iPad2.

However, you do not HAVE to have a hardware exploit to jailbreak, you could also use a software userland exploit within iOS.

It doesn't matter which one you have, but you have to find one AND get it to work! This is not a trivial task. There are relatively few people with the knowledge, skills, time, and inclination to do it...

You should note, that just becasue iOS 4.3.x is jailbroken on iPad1, that does NOT mean we have a userland software exploit for it. The iPad1 jailbreak RELIES on the limera1n exploit to get it installed... There WAS a userland exploit in iOS 4.3, but that has been patched since 4.3.1 and could not be exploited without infringing Apples copyrights which made it a non-starter.

Hope that helps.

I see. That explains alot. In fact, it painted a MUCH clearer picture. Thanks! SO technically, if I understand correctly..you can...forget it incase i infringe upon any forum rules:D.

Bow down to the dev team. I Jb'd my mums Ipad uno ...those little tweaks here n there make it such a wonderful device. I hate to admit it but I am enjoying the jb ipad more than the ipad2. Minus the speed and in game experience ( FIFA, NBA JAMS and RR2 HD) and the white and the camera.

Synnerg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last Hr has been riddled with tweets about the elevator subject and it appears a hash has been posted. Even if this turns out to be the real deal, it appears to be delayed

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

djflizo69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check this out guys and gals! true or false?!
***** EDITED *****
HHHMMM!!!!!!!!:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check this out guys and gals! true or false?!

HHHMMM!!!!!!!!:confused:

WOW. These guys are amazing. They have updated 3 tools at once, none of which they have source code or rights to... redsn0w, greenpois0n, AND sn0wbreeze. They have mad skillz...

Tell us how you get on when you try it out (after you have completed their survey of course) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts