What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadib888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
which tool can be used to untethered jailbreak iOS4.3.2 iPad 2, and iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without knowing about how iPads or most computers work, I would surely think that someone could completely wipe all traces of iOS, and install a hacked OS on your tablet in its place. I'm guessing the difficulty lies in getting a system which is easy to restore, if and when you need to!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Without knowing about how iPads or most computers work, I would surely think that someone could completely wipe all traces of iOS, and install a hacked OS on your tablet in its place. I'm guessing the difficulty lies in getting a system which is easy to restore, if and when you need to!

No, afraid you'd be wrong. To do that you would need to have compromised the iPad2 bootloader and if that was done we would have a working jailbreak rendering the suggestion moot anyway... Also, a compromised bootloader would allow you to restore if and when you need to, so again moot.
The problem is either finding a bootloader vulnerability which can be effectively exploited, OR finding a userland exploit in iOS which can be utilised. AFAIK, nothing else cuts the mustard...

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to be schooled. Is the difficulty in jibing the iPad 2 a result of hardware or software issues?

Can some one educate me as to why its possible to jb on iPad 1 and iPhone 4 running 4.3.3 but not iPad 2. Just from deductive reasoning I am inclined to say it's a hardware issue? But my reasoning has proven me wrong in numerous occasions lol

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot iPads have different firmwares than iPhones .... But nonetheless I'd still like to schooled

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to be schooled. Is the difficulty in jibing the iPad 2 a result of hardware or software issues?

Can some one educate me as to why its possible to jb on iPad 1 and iPhone 4 running 4.3.3 but not iPad 2. Just from deductive reasoning I am inclined to say it's a hardware issue? But my reasoning has proven me wrong in numerous occasions lol

The reason iPad1 is jailbroken easily is we have a hardware exploit in the A4 which we can use (the limera1n exploit). This cannot ever be patched in existing devices by Apple, because it is in the hardware.

The reason iPad2 is not jailbroken yet is we have not yet identified a hardware exploit for the A5. It is more challenging this time because of extra security measures which Apple have deployed on the iPad2.

However, you do not HAVE to have a hardware exploit to jailbreak, you could also use a software userland exploit within iOS.

It doesn't matter which one you have, but you have to find one AND get it to work! This is not a trivial task. There are relatively few people with the knowledge, skills, time, and inclination to do it...

You should note, that just becasue iOS 4.3.x is jailbroken on iPad1, that does NOT mean we have a userland software exploit for it. The iPad1 jailbreak RELIES on the limera1n exploit to get it installed... There WAS a userland exploit in iOS 4.3, but that has been patched since 4.3.1 and could not be exploited without infringing Apples copyrights which made it a non-starter.

Hope that helps.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
sadib888 said:
which tool can be used to untethered jailbreak iOS4.3.2 iPad 2, and iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G.

sn0wbreeze 2.7 can take care of all your needs BUT the iPad 2, there is nothing for iPad 2 at this point.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts